Just Wondering -pg114219181118

2 Replies
LN030905 - March 12

Hi, I this question is for any of you who have came off the pill before ttc. For example, here is my background:Came off the pill in early Jan..had a reg period in Jan, and then in Feb I was 6 days late for my af...so, this month when I was tryin to track my ovulation....i wasnt sure if I should go with my normal 28 day cycle or if I should try 33 days..(I have always had 28 day cycles, even before bc) or if I should mearly find the average of the time and go on that? I have tried to tell by my cm, but I dont find that as reliable...my question is...if any of you had messed up cycles like I did last month, what should I go by as my estimated o date? Also, I read somewhere, may have been on here, that it is un-normal to not be regular when going off bc if being regular before it...after all the hormones have cleared out..how long does that take to get it out of your system completely? I have been bd'ing alot, because I am not sure, but I still am curious what you ladies do! Thanks for any info/advice!

Lin - March 12

It takes several months for your body to reregulate after hormonal birth control, and some women don't even have a period for up to three months. You'd be best off using both cycle lengths to estimate. Use the shortest cycle to estimate the earliest date to start and the longer cycle to estimate the latest date to start. For example, if you a__sume a long luteal phase of 17 days and subtract that from the short cycle length, then you get cd 11 as your day to start bd-ing. Take the shortest possible fertile luteal phase length of 10 days and subtract that from the longest cycle. So then you would bd up until cd 23. In the end, you should bd at least ever other day between cds 11 and 23. Make sense? That's how I'd estimate it anyway...or actually, I wouldn't - I'd just do opks during that time and narrow it down to a few days.

LN030905 - March 12

ok, thanks Lin!! I was hoping you would respong to my question! I had noticed you had posted something a while back that I had a question about..I was wondering if it would be possible to email you! If you rather not give your addy on here...I will give you mine!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?