Kay101

13 Replies
goingtobefamous - October 1

i love how you answer everybodys questions with some information and not just a two word response. i know you have answered mine but dont know if you remember but i need your opinion. you know my lmp was sept 2nd then i started some spotting on the 26th brown and red..well today i had one leak and it was brown...and my nect period should be or should have been in a few days..so would you expect to start bleeding "flowing" or think its something to do with a pregnancy. i went to the store today and bought a test and tampons. im confused and not sure if i should expect a period in a few days or not. thank you for your time.

kay101 - October 1

Just remind me what day your period is supposed to start again. I know a few women who have spotting sometimes for several days up till their period actually 'starts'. Is it switching from brown to red? I think if it started out brown, then got red and starts getting heavier, it's probably your period. Implantation bleeding can be a light flow and can last a few days also. You may also just be stressed out by what's going on and your body is just being mean and playing tricks on you. I would wait to test until a couple days before your actual period is due. Have you ever had anything odd like this happen before and missed or had a light period? If the pregnancy test is negative, I would wait to take another one. If they are still coming up negative a week or so later and your period hasn't started, it's possible that this month your cycle was just a little wacky this time around and will go back to normal next cycle.

its supposed to start around the 4th. my periods are irregular. i mean they always last the same amount of days and such just not too sure when they show up. I havent had anything like this happen before no and i havent had it show up so early either. This is the first time i would have two start in one month if in fact it was a period. it started out light brown then there was some red and now what came out today was dark brown but its not a flow at all its just spotting..like i could have went the whole time without wearing a pad or anything. i only leaked on two occasions. the first time it was like a rusty brown color and today it was dark brown. but today would definately be a few days before my actual period and im not having any pms symptoms the only thing today was maybe a little constipation and my legs and feet have ached all day. Do you think i should test in the morning or wait until after the 4th?

bump

kay101 - October 1

I got my positive 3 days before my period was due, but I have pretty regular cycles. So the blood is pretty much just on the tissue paper when you wipe, and you haven't been using a pad or tampon at all? How many days has it been? First Response tests are great, they're really sensitive and you can get a 3 pack at Walmart for abour $13. If your test comes out negative when you take it, I would reccomend that. It's always nice to have extra tests, that way if they're negative and your period still doesn't start you can test again. The negative result may just be what you need to ease your mind and get your period started if you aren't pregnant.

kay101 - October 1

After ovulation the egg travels into the uterus and burrows into the lining of the uterus. For some women implantation will cause slight bleeding or spotting. This is called implantation bleeding. This is sometimes confused for an early period. What does implantation bleeding or spotting look like? Implantation bleeding, also called implantation spotting, does not look like a regular menstrual period. Implantation bleeding is scanty and usually pink or brownish discharge. Implantation bleeding or menstrual period? Implantation bleeding normally occurs a week to a few days before your period would normally start. Spotting that occurs around a week after ovulation is likely implantation bleeding; whereas, spotting that occurs very close to the time that your period would normally start may not be. A normal menstrual cycle generally starts off light and then gets heavier. Spotting can sometimes be the sign of an early period. If this is the case, the spotting will pick up to heavier bleeding. If you have spotting right around the time your period would normally start, it can be more confusing. You will need to take the wait and see approach or take a pregnancy test to determine pregnancy. How common is implantation bleeding? Implantation bleeding is fairly common with pregnancy. Twenty to thirty percent of women will have spotting during early pregnancy. If you have some light spotting before your period would normally start this is not something to worry about and may be a sign of pregnancy.

Right, no pad or tampon just on tissue..it only leaked out two diffeferent times which wasnt much anyways. ehh i bought the cheapie from wal mart..so thats why im wanting to wait but i guess i will wait until after the 4th well lets see i had 2 spots on the 26th and then "normal" spotting on the 27th some spotting on the 28th hardly any on the 29th nothing yesterday and a leak today with minimal spotting..like its not even spotting anymore its like just dots or something. I mean if it was a period wouldnt it be flowing or something. bUf i test and get a negative im going to start worrying about an std or infection or something but im also going to call the doc in a few days.

well reading that info about implantation makes it sound like implantation because the spotting started six days after O but it has lasted fairly awhile. Started brown although there was no pink but did have red. and it hasnt picked up to a flow at all. So, another question, If this is implantation because of the red and there was some bright red in there would that be cause for concern or would you think thats still part of the implantation?

kay101 - October 1

I wouldn't stress too much about it being an std, but it's always a good idea to get checked occasionally. It's perfectly normal to have a wierd period or even miss one completely one in a while. I looked up some info for you that I posted, I think you may have posted at the same time I was and didn't get to read it yet. It really does sound like implantation bleeding especially since it started about a week before your period is due. Is the walmart one an early pregnancy test?

kay101 - October 1

Was it red red or like a rusty brownish red? A friend of mine spotted almost her entire first trimester.

i doubt it since all the box says is pregnancy test. So i will just wait a day or two after the 4th and will be pretty satisfied that the answer is correct then. I read what you wrote and i appreciate the post. yeah it started a week after O and a week before the 4th. So im guessing thats what it is. Hopefully though if i am pregnant everythign is going as planned even with the red blood that was in it.

well there was a little bit of red red but then the last day or so it was a rusty brown red and now its just dark brown..

kay101 - October 1

If you are pregnant, as long as it doesn't get worse and start soaking through a pad it should be ok. Even though it's not an early pregnancy test, you should still be able to take it the day your period is due.

o0o well ok then..thanks for all your help and the information. i will keep you updated.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?