Krissy2006-pg121031544748

5 Replies
BeckyBunny - May 9

Hi! I totally did not want to hijack that thread with my pregnancy situation and info, so I'll just make a new post. Hopefully none of the TTC people will be bothered! I have BTDT, trust me I have been in those shoes, so please don't get aggravated at me! lol!!! Krissy, you asked if we had any inkling about the gender. Everyone has been saying girl! right from the beginning. Even all the old wives tales and the chinese calendar say girl. In the beginning, I thought boy...because my mom had 2 boys, and a girl...her mom had 12 kids all in the order of 2 boys, then a girl (resulting in 8 boys, 4 girls). And maybe just because I'd really like to name a baby after my brother who has passed away. But...ever since the NT scan at 13 weeks when the LO had his/her legs crossed...I have been thinking girl. DF wants a little girl so bad. I will be happy with any healthy baby because of my history with m/c and pcos, but...a girl first I think would really just be easier for us. Maybe it is just everyone else insisting that it's a girl that has made me think that. who knows. I'm 17w6d today and we find out in 2 weeks. Can't wait! I'm missing way too many good sales at BRU not knowing whether to buy blue or pink! LOL!

krissy2006 - May 9

Wow, congrats on such a success thus far!! I remember from when I was TTC that you had been trying as well, no? I don't think at the time you knew for sure what was going on or what if anything was wrong?? In any case, on your FF page I voted girl as well but maybe there is a boy in store for ya! I thought for sure I was going to have a boy as if anyone in my family was going to have boys it would be me. My husband is one of 11 kids 7 of which are boys. However, the odds were against him I suppose. My gramma had two girls, my mom and two girls, my aunt had one girl and now I am destined to have a girl first as well. He was also destined to have a girl first because all his 7 brothers had girls first and all his sisters had boys. Go figure. BTW, what is BTDT??? I know I should know but apparently pregnancy brain has me drawing a blank. So anyway, you must must must come and post when you find out the gender. Are you sooo excited?!?!?! I was squirming in my maternity pants the week or two before I found out. I just could not wait!!! And watch, before you know it you'll be in my shoes at 34 weeks, going ok come on now, its time to come out little one (even though its not but you feel like it is, lol) I have my 34 week growth scan on Monday cuz she has been on the bigger side my whole pregnancy so we'll see if she's gonna come out a bit early.

BeckyBunny - May 9

Sorry for the delayed reply! DF got home (he works 430pm-1am), and we needed to go to the store. BTDT means been there done that. Yep, I started TTC after my first m/c...that pregnancy was a surprise. Then the chemical 3 months later. Then another m/c 7 months after that. They finally diagnosed me with PCOS after that. I went on metformin and bcp to straighten out my cycles, stayed on the bcp for 7 cycles while we decided what we wanted to do, got off...and got our BFP on the third cycle off. I was surprised to get it so soon, and just really expected to miscarry again. It is finally starting to seem real. I can feel the LO (little one) doing gymnastics in my womb, can't get much more real than that, LOL. And wow, you just have a lot of estrogen in your family. ;-) With our BD timing, it could go either way! I am So anxious! I actually wanted to be able to find out today as my mother's day present, but the doc did not want to schedule me for the medical anatomy scan at 18 weeks, said it's too early. So, 2 more weeks. I'd rather the baby be big and come out early than be little and be overdue. LOL! Usually after 37 weeks you're considered full term though anyway I think....so just hang in there a few more weeks! you're almost there! I am so glad there is NO WAY this baby will be overdue. LOL! our wedding is a month after the baby is due! The wedding was planned before I got pregnant, and we can't change the date now! I asked the doctor about it and he said he doesn't like for people to go over, especially since I know exactly when I ovulated and all the dating scans have been right on the nose..so if I don't go into labor by 39 weeks, I will be scheduled for an induction the following week. Long way to go though! Sometimes I feel like I'm just inching along, and sometimes I feel like it's speeding by. I'm sure you've felt the same way. =) When could your DH first feel the baby move from the outside??? I am excited about that too. One of the girls in my buddy group on FF had her DH feel it last night and she's 19 weeks. I don't think we will be so lucky though, I have too much extra padding and still just look more fat than pregnant. Do you have a name for your baby girl yet?

krissy2006 - May 9

Becky, that is quite some journey you have been on. I have only had one missed miscarriage but it was horrible. I went all the way to 11 weeks to find out our little beanie had pa__sed on at 6. I was devastated but everything happens for a reason, ya know? That doesn't make what you went through any less painful and I cannot believe how strong you must be to have perservered after 3!! You said your man works from 4:30-1am and I think thats odd cuz mine does too. What does your does? Mine is in the restaurant business and before I was pregnant and could actually walk minus the waddle and swollen feet we used to go to our 24 hour superstore here to shop to at about 2-3am. Its nice cuz the stores are empty!! So, our LO's name is Samantha Marie . . . and regarding when my hubby first felt her moving, I believe I was approximately 19 weeks as well. It was kinda comical cuz we were laying in bed and he had his hand just resting on my stomach and she moved/kicked/rolled (that early you can't really tell) and he asked me if I had gas... LOL I said no, that was your baby. He was shocked but his face was so endearring and from that moment on he is always rubbing my belly trying to get her to move (which she doesnt like to on command). Also, I have seen your belly pic on FF and you definitely don't have as much fluff as I did pre-pregnancy so it is very possible that your man could feel him/her at around 19 weeks. :)

Teddyfinch - May 10

i don't mean to intrude on your post, but i was just lurking and read that your hubby works for dell. most of the pc's i work on are dells and i try to tell people "Dell" is just another 4 letter word so stay away from it! lol

BeckyBunny - May 11

LOL! yeah. They are JUNK! My poor hp laptop is so beat up, but it's still goin...

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?