LN030905 READ THIS PAGE FOR OVULATION

2 Replies
Rhonda - June 23

Hi,i thought you seemed pretty worried looking for answers,so i thought this information i found on line might help you. GardenVoices | Garden Forums | Home Forums | Hortiplex | FAQs | Glossary | Resources Return to the Menopause Forum -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Use clippings to save your favorite GardenWeb posts or email them to a friend. Your clippings will appear on a page linked off of your profile page. You must be logged in to use it. Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by Puterlady48 (My Page) on Thu, Dec 13, 01 at 23:32 Have any of you suffered really excruciating ovulation -- so painful that you'd swear you were delivering a child?? I've had it happen about four times in the last year. It happened this month. It usually lasts a couple of hours. This time it lasted most of the night. Doc has put me on birth control to ease perimenopausal symptoms and to keep me from ovulating. I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience?? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow-Up Postings: RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by MoAtWork (My Page) on Fri, Dec 14, 01 at 10:53 I can't use the word excruciating, but I do know when I am ovulating. Feels like really bad menstrual cramps. It seems like I have cramps for 3 weeks a month! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by Jenn (My Page) on Fri, Dec 14, 01 at 14:04 To me, it feels nothing like cramps. It feels like a big knife is stabbing me in the ovary. When I was about 14, it was so painful one month that I was in the hospital overnight, getting tested for appendicitis (the pain at that time was on the right side). I was nearly doubled-over in pain. I'm 45 and I still get a similar pain every single month, off and on for about a day, some months worse than others. I would never describe the pain as "crampy", it is a definitely a sharp stabbing pain and sometimes it does nearly double me over while other times it is barely noticable. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by Puterlady48 (My Page) on Sat, Dec 15, 01 at 0:59 This was really, really bad -- like childbirth. When I felt my cervix, it was swollen and very, very tender. This has only been happening since I started having other symptoms of perimenopause. My doctor had never heard of anything like it. It's very puzzling. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by JoJoZ (My Page) on Sun, Dec 16, 01 at 0:35 I had really painful ovulation until we removed an ovary a few months ago (it had a huge cyst in it). Now ovulation is not as painful, but very weird (I get VERY twingy and climb all over my husband, the poor guy doesn't get any sleep for a few days). What's really weird is I still get O pain on the side where the ovary was removed, so I'm guessing it's the fallopian tube cramping up in an effort to grab the (non-existent) egg...I read someplace that nobody is completely sure what const_tutes O pain and that one of the possibilities is fallopian tube, so maybe ! Cheers, JoJo (new to this forum, h__lo!) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by Jenn (My Page) on Fri, Jan 4, 02 at 0:14 An update to my previous posting... this month it was excruciating!! It woke me up just as I was dozing off to sleep, and I yelled out and startled my husband. It lasted several seconds during the worst part of it, and the pain continued into the next day with horrible lower abdominal bloating. I think I'm going to make an appointment to have this checked out because it was so painful, it felt like someone was stabbing me with a big butcher knife. I also have pain in both ovaries sometimes when I sneeze or lift something heavy, and this occurs at any time of the month. It doesn't seem normal to me so I am going to have it checked out. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by CatherineT (My Page) on Fri, Jan 4, 02 at 15:47 The Germans call ovulation "Mittelschmerz", which means middle+pain (pain during the middle of your cycle). I got it so bad once (actually I was working at a German hotel at the time!), that it caused me to pass out. I have gotten it intermittantly over the years. I'm not sure why some ovulations hurt and others don't........Maybe it has something to do with how much the ovary has to be involved, as the egg is getting "spit" out. I suggest NSAIDs around that time......if you're regular, and know when you're probably going to ovulate. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by Andierut (My Page) on Sat, Jan 5, 02 at 8:15 I definitely feel your pain. I always know when I ovulate. Full, crampy feeling with a nauseating, searing pain which extends into my rear end..lasts about 5-10 minutes and then it's gone for a month. Absolutely excruciating and has been going on for over 15 years. Andie -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by CatherineT (My Page) on Sat, Jan 5, 02 at 9:09 Hi again......I guess the one good thing for some women who are trying to get pregant and have alot of ovulation pain is that you know exactly when that egg's popping out! that sort of happened with me and my last child. I was having problems getting pregnant. We had tried for almost a year, and then one night, I got this excrutiating ovulation pain and we knew it was happening, and took advantage of it. Sure enough......I got pregnant that month! I guess that's no consolation, though, if you're not wanting to get pregnant! Like I mentioned earlier.....if it really bothers you, I think you could figure out when you usually ovulated, and take NSAIDS for a day or 2 before. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on Wed, Jun 22, 05 at 8:19 I'm experiencing it now. It woke me up last night. I didn't have it for a while, but it's definitely back. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by phdmom3 (My Page) on Wed, Nov 30, 05 at 8:32 I have this same pain. It is really only at night and in the middle of the night. It wakes me up it is so bad. Heat is the only thing that helps. I have tried many Dr's but they have no idea why it is at night, and only real solution is the pill. Are there others that only have this at night? Or most commonly at night. I also had the sharp pain on sneezing/lifting something. I had a lap surgery and they found a lot of scar tissue, which they removed. So that pain is gone and I only have the night time ovulation pain. It is very frustrating that the Dr's have no clue on this. Mine started out as just one night, but over the years has progressed to about 3 nights each month. Did you find any solution? pelvic congestion maybe? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by CatherineT (My Page) on Wed, Nov 30, 05 at 22:16 Hi PhDmom, I think everything seems worse at night! I am surprised to find that even though I haven't had a period in about a year and a half, I still have ovulation pain. I think our ovaries start going a little crazy near menopause. FSH starts beating on them to put out eggs, so maybe your's are just getting beaten to death! You're probably ovulating 3 times a month. It IS very painful! And for me, it seems to last longer than it did when I was having periods. Sometimes it lasts for days. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by Milana([email protected]) on Wed, Dec 14, 05 at 15:52 I am a 33 yr old mom and am experienceing ovulation pain for the first time. I recently stopped getting the Depo shot(I had been on it for 7yrs) and had my first period 10 days ago(haven't ovulated or had a period in years). Does anyone know if this pain happens more frequently prior to menopause? Or anything about going off the shot? There isn't much information out there. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by Ratherbgardening (My Page) on Wed, Dec 14, 05 at 22:24 Milana, I'd think interupting your body's natural cycle would cause some problems when you got off the drugs, but that's just my opinion. I've never trusted birth control or anything that disrupts the normal cycle. I know plenty of women do it, but it just seems to me that it will cause some problems somewhere along the way. I'm just curious, how many of you with this problem eat a lot of beef? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by Milana (My Page) on Thu, Dec 15, 05 at 12:04 I rarely eat beef. It doesn't agree with my digestion. I think you might be right about being on birth control for so long. My body isn't happy. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by CatherineT (My Page) on Wed, Dec 21, 05 at 7:15 I've been getting what feels like certain ovulation pain (bilateral), but it's lasting longer than a week. It feels very swollen inside. I have pain when I sit down, when I cough, etc. Have any of you had it last this long?? I seem to get this every few months. I wonder, as we get older, and our ovaries don't function normally, if our rising FSH levels can sort of "flog" our ovaries into forcing out an egg?? I'm just trying to understand why this pain has lasted over a week and is still hurting. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by Lydia1959 (My Page) on Thu, Dec 22, 05 at 14:35 I've had the "middle of the month" cramping for over 10 years now. Deep stabbing abdominal cramps that radiate down my legs and even make my feet hurt! I rarely have the normal before my period cramps, but most months (not all) I have these terrible mid-cycle cramps lasting 3 to 5 days (too long for "Mittelschmerz" according to my gyn). She doesn't know what causes it either. I am 46 and haven't been on any BC or hormone pills for over 20 years. I do have fibroids. Not even in perimenopause according to my endocrinologist. I do go through a lot of Advil and Darvocet. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by karen_b (My Page) on Sun, Feb 5, 06 at 22:44 Jenn, were you ever checked for ovarian cysts? 25 yrs ago I had such terrible cysts they hemorraged, luckily my gyn had experience with this and "wedged" my ovaries. He wanted me pregnant immediately so the ovaries would have time to heal...but that took another year. I still have occassional painful ovulation but nothing like I had then. Also, have you had a tubaligation? When you mentioned when you sneeze you have sharp pain, made me think of what happens everytime I sneeze. I had my tubes clamped and I've been told scar tissue can build up around the clamps and adhere to the abdominal wall, which would cause a yanking away from the ab wall when you sneeze. I've learned to lift my right leg to my chest when I have to sneeze, cuts out the pain. Phdmom...have you had a colonoscopy? I have diverticulosis and I have rectal cramping mainly at night from stress and constipation. I had been misdiagnosed for 20+ years, you wouldn't believe the diagnoses I had. Once you have it diagnosed you can teach your self to be more regular, mostly alleviating the nightly cramping, that's if that is the problem. Except stress brings it on just as bad. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by jenn (My Page) on Fri, Feb 10, 06 at 0:04 Karen, I've never been checked for cysts or had any other type of surgery. I do wonder about scar tissue but I don't know why I'd have any. It doesn't hurt every time I sneeze, but when it does, it REALLY hurts. I often wonder though if something is wrong, but when I mention these things to the doctor, she doesn't seem concerned. Jen -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by catherinet (My Page) on Fri, Feb 10, 06 at 8:45 Hi Jenn, This has been going on a long time, hasn't it? If you are still having all this pain, and your doc doesn't seem concerned about it.....you need to find a different doc. Surely, a long time ago, she had you get a transva___al ultrasound. She should want to know why you are having all this pain, and for so long. Definitely, seek out another doc's opinion! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by faeorain (My Page) on Sun, Feb 26, 06 at 10:52 Sorry if this message gets repeated. I tried to post a little while ago, but it didn't show up, so I don't know if it was lost or not. I will retype it. I have always had the mid-cycle pain, ever since my first period. I also was suspected of having appendicitis that first time, as it was so painful. I am usually pretty regular with it ( with the exception of one time, a few years back, I skipped one period, and still have never figured out why), and it usually lasts anywhere from 12-36 hours for me. Many times, I may also have bloating or constipation with it. This month, however, it was a bit different. I had pain for almost a week now ( shy one day )....and it started on my left side, but now, this morning it had switched to my right side. When the left side started, it would have been right on schedule, but now the pain on the right side would only be a week away from my next period. Is this normal? Has anyone else ever had this happen, and is it possible for both ovaries to release an egg, one after another? Also, could endometriosis cause painful ovualtion? Oh, and I am 33, in case that factors into anything. p.s. this is my third time trying to send this message, I hope it works this time and also hope it doesn't show up multiple times later......in case it does....sorry in advance! Fae -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by spring_gardener (My Page) on Thu, Mar 9, 06 at 23:50 I am 44 years old and I have been experiencing painful ovulation for about 6 years now. It started out only at night, waking me and lasting for about 20 minutes. The pain has slowly progressed to several times a day for the full two weeks before my period. It's often unbearable pain and it starts out as a small cramping feeling and I know it's beginning and can last for up to an hour. (Mine is always left sided). It feels like something between a menstral cramp and a diarrhea cramp, a deep dull ache. The only thing that gives me some relief is abdominal massage. I once dreamt one of my eggs was stuck in the tube, only to wake with the cramping. One ultrasound did show a small fibroid on my uterus, but my doctor didn't seem concerned so I wasn't. Some months I am ready to run to the gyn and beg to have that ovary removed. I actually look forward to my period, because it means relief. I hope this information helps someone who may be experiencing the same symptoms. It always help me to know I'm not alone. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by Feefs([email protected]) on Tue, Mar 14, 06 at 11:00 Well, it's nice to see I'm not alone. I just started having ovulation pain last month. It's driving me crazy because I was always one to only have a few mild cramps during my period and that was it. I'm 42 years old now and in the past year I've started having headaches, painful br___ts and now this ovulation pain. Mine lasted for a week last month and so far this month it's been 3 days. I'm debating whether or not to go to the doctor. My yearly pap isn't until June. Wondering if I should wait that long. If it really is just ovulation pain, I'm okay with that. By the hypochondriac in me is thinking ovarian cancer. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by catherinet (My Page) on Thu, Mar 16, 06 at 19:05 If it helps at all, I don't think ovarian cancer presents as ovary pain. I just had my pap a couple days ago. I told my doc that I've been getting these spells of ovary pain. She said that (and I realize you're not post menopausal) they used to get worried about ovary pain in post menopausal women....but now they know that even when we quit having periods, our ovaries can still be doing things. I'm thinking that maybe some of our deepest eggs are finally being called upon.......and they have to work harder to get out! ;) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by nolongernewyork (My Page) on Tue, Mar 28, 06 at 14:53 I've always suffered with mittleschmerz but found relief durin my 30's whne my Children were born. Today, getting closer to 44, I am was living in and out of the Hospital the last 4 months. Finally after CT's, ultrasounds, cytoscopy and blood tests, I am fine...my hormones not. The bladder and intestines are very sensitive to hormone changes and being in perimenopause my Mittleschmerz starts and dosen't seem to end till my period. Like someone already said, I am happy too when I get my period. It's the one time I am free from discomfort and pain. I take Homeopathic med right now and will see if it helps in the months to come. I am not enjoying my trip out of the fertile years :0( -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by catherinet (My Page) on Wed, Apr 5, 06 at 17:29 You are so right nolongernewyork, about the bladder and intestines being so sensitive to hormone changes. I'm 56, and haven't had periods for 2 years. Some months I get ovary pain, and some months I don't. And I can tell you that on the months when I get ovary pain, for several months after that, EVERYTHING is messed up in me.........my IBS, GERD, anxiety, skin, joint/muscle pain, sleep, migraines are ALL worse. It's amazing to see the connection. In fact, I only get the migraines after I've had the ovary pain. I've discovered since perimenopause started (10 years ago), that it's the FLUCTUATION of hormones that messes things up. I think if they just stayed high or low, life would be alot easier. But then.....it's not supposed to be easy, right? ;) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by jess_uk (My Page) on Wed, Apr 19, 06 at 8:52 Argh! Just wrote all you ladies a massive and very-detailed email from London, UK and it never got posted (serves me right for not saving it first...oh I hate computers!) Well, to cut a long story short: 1)I am 35, was on oral Pill for 13 years, came off it permanently 3 months ago because want to do fertility test (Fertell) to measure my ovarian reserve (they are available over the counter here in UK) and to do test you have to have had 2 pill-free cycles first. I am getting married in October and want to have a baby in the next year or so (wish me luck at my 'advanced old age'!) 2)Have had very painful abdo, right and left sides, sharp, knifelike, sometimes only an intense twing like someone has grabbed my insides and pulled...for the past 3 cycles. 2)Also been very lethargic and a real pain in the butt to live with, around that same time! 3)Skin has gone all greasy and I have reverted back to being a pimply teenager (nice) 4)Libido has gone through the roof! (although feeling like a pimply teeneager doesn't always make me feel too confident!) Husband-to-be, very conveniently, is an MRI radiographer (Magnetic Resonance Imaging - allows a radiologist to see your organs, bones, blood vessels in the clearest possible way). He got a bit fed up hearing me whinge about being "Probably infertile", "Probably having a cyst", "Probably having a tumour" and whisked me off for a scan a month ago. His abdo radiologist consultamnt friend told me the following: 1)My left ovary is packed to bursting point with follicles, whereas the right only has one. 2)Follicles visible on scan (and this also applies to ladies having a more conventional ultrasound) do not mean that you are necessarily fertile. 3)Follicles can happily develop every cycle without ever releasing an egg (waste of resources, but hey!) 4)Follicles are reabsorbed by body if they never ripen/release egg 5)Ovulation tests measure a surge in Luteneising Hormone - if the test is positive, it is no indication that you will ovulate - only that your LH has surged 6)Women who have come off long-term birth control can take from 6 months to a year to re-establish a normal cycle 7)Ovulating pain is also a normal part of ovaries being 'switched back on' after coming off birth control - it is sign everything is waking up and ready to start. Hardly surprising when I hadn't ovulated for 13 years - my ovaries must have thought 'what the h__l is going on!' Also went to see a very good acupuncturist (who is also qualified western trained doctor). He told me this: 1)Western medicine can over pathologise 'women's problems'- Eastern medicine seeks to re-establish a balance in the woman's body, rather than throwing a textbbok and some pills at it (I can live with that) 2)Most 'women's problems' are not diseases or illnesses - just a result of imbalanced or trapped energy ("chi") flows in the body, resulting (as in my case) in 'dampness', 'congestion' and 'stagnation' (too right - I have noticed that since my ovaries were rudely kick-started, I have also had swollen ankles). 3)A woman's general health can almost entirely be gauged by how her cycle pans out - so, in other words, it is what shapes her, not just a part of her health. 4)If energy ("chi" or "blood force" in Chinese) is blocked, then periods can be scanty, irregular, painful and very slow to start (mine take up to 4 days to really 'start' properly). Periods can also be thin/watery, and then have sudden moments where visible clots are seen. 5)Blocked energy can also manifest itself around ovulation as having ovulation pain, because the body is summoning up all its energy to 'push that egg out there' I have had 2 acupuncture sessions over 2 months and am due 4 more. I already feel better this cycle than ever before. I am 3 days away from my period starting and I am bearable to live with (just about, if you don't count the odd wedding plan stress attack thrown in for good measure!) I have swollen br___ts but they are no longer sore, my skin is less oily, my sleep less diturbed. I can't wait until my next ovulation to see if the pain diminishes and to see if I have a more normal period this time. A parting sentence from my acupuncturist, which gave me a lot of hope and reassurance: "Learn a lot about your body in the next few weeks and months Jessica. It is turning itself back on after years of being masked by artificial hormones. You will eventually feel better physically but also mentally, as you become more in tune with it's patterns and rhythms. You may still get the odd ache and pain but now you know why. Give it time and see how it all improves." A wise man indeed - I'm sure he was a woman in a former life! Good luck to you all and please feel free to email me if you like. All the best from sunny Britain ;-) Jess. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by amberlight_61 (My Page) on Wed, Apr 19, 06 at 10:31 I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem! I recall having an episode of extremely painful ovulations when I was about 19, during which I'd be in pain from the time my period ended until the time it started. Like someone said above, I was actually glad when my period started as it gave me relief from the pain. I was too scared to go to the doctor, so I never did anything about it...and after awhile it faded away. Now I'm nearly 45 and in peri-menopause, and the problem has started again. This month has been particularly bad. I've been in pain on and off for ten days, first in the left side and now in the right side. It's like a crampy ache and is making me feel tired, irritable and depressed. It's always much worse in the right side than it is in the left - luckily, I rarely ovulate on my right side, but this month it feels like I've ovulated about three times. It's really a drag. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by lawyer11 (My Page) on Wed, Apr 26, 06 at 4:25 I have been looking on the web for an hour looking for a webpage talking about ovarian cysts in real language. For me it starts as a cramp - usually on my right side - that I now recognize as the precursor to what quickly becomes the most painful hour that a person can endure (my brother had a kidney stone and swears what I describe experiencing is worse than his pain). It started about 10 years ago, happening about once a year, then a few years ago it started happening a few times a year. Currently, it has already happened three times this year. Yes, I am going to my primary care physician to discuss the increased frequency, although last fall an ultrasound confirmed cysts. When it happens I find myself feeling like my right ovary is going to twist out of my body. The pain is UNBELIEVABLE. I immediately take some ibuprohen, and get in my hottub, although, I squirm a lot when the pain is the worst...no position is comfortable or helps alleviate the pain. I actually find myselt panting and feeling like my pain has to be at least as bad as childbirth. I simply wait it out, reminding myself not to freak out. The primary reason that I write is to says thanks for all the previous women who have kept this website going for years with updates and advice. Most importantly though, for making me feel less alone with this damn pain! thank you. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by catherinet (My Page) on Wed, Apr 26, 06 at 16:18 Maybe it was somewhere on this thread, but I remember someone saying that the herbal supplement Chasteberry might help with ovary pain. My pain has subsided (knock on wood!), so I never tried it, but you might give it a try lawyer11. Good luck. I know how sickening that pain can make you feel! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by amberlight_61 (My Page) on Thu, Apr 27, 06 at 9:55 I'd been taking chasteberry for some time, but it seems to be making the pain worse. I have the feeling it's overstimulating my ovaries. Or...it could be the dong quai that's also in the capsule. I tried taking dong quai several years ago in an attempt to balance my hormones and ended up with painful ovulation again. When I stopped taking the dong quai, the pain went away. Anyhow, I'm going to stop the capsules for a month or two to see what happens. If the pain stops, then I know that's what's causing it. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by bj_clawson (My Page) on Sun, Jun 18, 06 at 14:17 I am a 26 year old who is currently and has been taking oral contraceptives for about 6 years. I experience abdominal pain at the middle of my cycle usually monthly. However due to the birth control, I should not be ovulating. When I was 19 I had ovarian cysts, (beginning of birth control pills) and did acupuncture and Chinese Herbs, and it worked. Hoever this pain is not as frequent or as severe as the pain I experienced with my cysts. I've seen many doctors, had many ultrasounds, and nothing has come of it. If anyone has any idea of what this could be, or has experienced it themselves, please let me know. I'd love to find the cause of this pain. Thank you. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by catherinet (My Page) on Sun, Jun 18, 06 at 22:26 Hi bj, I know this doesn't help at all, but I think that our bodies have their own schedules and cycles, and sometimes their influence comes through, even when we are trying to make them have different schedules. I spotted when I was 3 months pregnant in sync with my previous periods. My OB/GYN said it wasn't unusual. I would guess that there's just something about your system that is still stimulating your ovaries in the middle of your cycle, even though you are on hormones. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by im2hyper (My Page) on Tue, Jun 20, 06 at 6:58 I'm not going through menopause but this thread seems helpful so hopefully someone out there can help! I have been off the pill for three months now and have had three periods, one regular, two not so regular (I'm 30 and was on pill from age 18). Last month I had mid-cycle abdominal pain and have it again this cycle. Since my periods were light and weird I bought ovulation predictors and I had an LH surge on 15th but I've had lower abdominal pain from 17th to today (20th) as well as a phlegmy feeling in the back of my throat. Tight fitting pants are also not nice and I usually have to undo top button. Anyone else ever have this with mittelschmerz? Could it be a sign of something else, like early fertilization, ovarian cyst or early menopause? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RE: Excruciating Ovulation? log in what is this? see most clipped and recent clippings Posted by catherinet (My Page) on Tue, Jun 20, 06 at 17:09 Hi im2hyper, I'm no expert, but I would think that having been on the pill for 12 years, you should probably give your body alot more time to adjust to being off the pill. I think I would give it even a year. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Post a Follow-Up Your Name: Your Email Address: Subject of Posting: Message: Optional Link URL: Name of the Link: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Return to the Menopause Forum GARDENING ADS Composting Wood Bird House Garden Arbor Weed Control Sponsored Links from Yahoo! What's this? Ovarian Cysts Information Answers to your questions about ovarian cysts and more. Information you can ... obgyn.healthcentersonline.com New Report for Ovarian Cysts Sufferers Eye opening information. Many doctors don't know. www.besthealthreports.com Ovarian Cyst Natural Herbal Remedy Uterous care ayurvedic herbal formula of 12 scientifically proven natural herbs ... satveda.com Join | Garden Forums | Home Forums | Exchanges & Trading | Member Pages | Contact Us © 2006 iVillage Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Policies FAQ | Advertising

LN030905 - June 23

Wow..thanks Rhonda..I really appreciate that! It all sounds very familiar...ex the part about having pain whenever you sneeze and cough a round af or o time..Ive had that for a while! Hmm..Im going to print it out and take another look! I appreciate it! Thanks!

Rhonda - June 23

I know it was a long page for you to read,but i thought it might help answer some of your concerns.So hopefully it did.Take care.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?