Need Advice-pg112852711418

3 Replies
alicia - October 5

normally i get my period usually every 21 days... but i started birth control pills the 29th of August and then what i think was my period didnt come until 24 days after my last one... which was odd for me... but i took a test on the 23rd of September and it was negative... i took one the 25th of September and it was negative... so i waited and took one again the 27th of September and it was negative... so then i waited a few days until October 2nd and took another test and it was negative... so i dont know where to trust the tests that they're accurate and i'm really not pregnant... im really confused and my doctor wouldnt do a blood test when i went to the doctor Monday... cause she said due to what i told her she said the tests are pretty well reliable... what do you all think?

alicia - October 5

lol i forgot to mention before someone asks or says something... i didnt buy four different tests... i first bought an "first response early pregnancy" test and it had a bonus extra test inside.... and then i bought a "accu-clear" hpt and it also had a bonus extra one inside the box... so i only bought two different brands of pregnancy tests but both boxes had two in them instead of just one....

bean - October 5

Alicia - birth control pills are supposed to regulate your period and make it happen when the pills want it to, not what is "naturally" normal for you. Are you on a 28 day pill? Chances are that with the pill and your negative pg tests, you're not pg. Your period will probably be messed up for a few cycles until your body gets used to the pill and the new hormones. In the mean time, use extra protection. As for what your dct said, I agree with her. The tests are pretty reliable.

alicia - October 5

yeah i'm on the 28 day pill.... i guess i just found it a little odd and stressed considering i was used to my period coming 21 days after my last one... and in september it didn't come until 24 days after my last period in august... and i would think by October 2 if i were pregnant then i'd be able to tell... but where all 4 tests came out negative.... i wasnt sure if they were pretty well accurate or if they werent... and i dont know much about the birth control pill and cant really remember how it effected my body since it had been about 3 years since i had been on birth control... so all the advice would be greatly appreciated... but most likely the hpts i've taken are pretty well reliable and accurate in being negative right?

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion