No Period Pg1237729114

2 Replies
DUDA - March 22

I have had irregular periods so my doctor put me on femcon which is a birth controll pill to regulate it. I started them in January and spotted in feburary march i saw nothing. I was wondering if anyone knew if birth control pills eliminate your period?

missarose22 - March 22

Pills do not get rid of your period without your doctor saying they do. There are some pills that allow you to not have your period but that would be your choice. I'd say your body is just getting used to the pills. If would take a pregnancy test, if that comes out negative get in to talk to your doctor since something isn't right. Hope it works out for you.

kimberly - March 25

He has given you the birth control pills to make you have a period, not stop them. It is better to have a period then to go months without one, so sometimes Dr.'s will choose to put someone on them to try and regulate thier hormones some. Your pills however are not working for some reason and you need to find out why. He may have to give you something to induce your period and then try another birth control. Take a test to make sure it isn't pregnancy though.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?