Ovulation Question-pg113449176918

8 Replies
k - December 13

Hello everyone! I have not posted in here in so long but I have a quick question.....my last cycle was around the 17th of November....we bd'd on the 7th 8th and 10th of this month.....Do you think we were too late this time???I thought for sure on the 7th I had ovulated because CM was in abundance, cervix was slightly open and mid high....but I am not sure if it is possible to ovulate late is it? I have no symptoms at all, nothing, af is not supposed to show for another few days. What do you think?

jeanette - December 13

It depends....how long is your cycle? Do you have an average 28 day or more? Do you know how long your luteal phase is? ( the number of days btw ovulation and menses) If you have a 28 day cycle, I'd say you were probably a bit late. On a 28 day cycle, you should have ovulated around the 1st of Dec....give or take a day or two.

k - December 13

I am pretty regular...see I was thinking I was late too. We just decided to start trying on these dates ya know? I lost one in June and have waited this long..I was scared to start trying again.....but I am ready to now. We have 2 and are ttc our third angel. I wasn't really paying attention to days or anything this month...I guess I should start now though. Thank you!!

jeanette - December 13

K....you should go get a BBT ( basal body thermometer ) and start temping starting first day of your period. Do it same time every morning when you wake up, before you even move. You can go to fertilityfriend.com and register, it will keep track of your temps and cervical mucous info, among other things to help you pinpoint your ovulation day. The site also has alot of information about TTC. Hope this helps...God bless and BabyDust to you!

K - December 13

Ok will do thank you for the advice! I am sure I'll be back in here next month for my 2ww ;)

Deb - December 13

It is possible to ovulate late. My cycles were short, 26 days, and when I got pregnant, I ovulated on cd16 or cd17. Go by your body signs, if you had an abundance of cm then I would say you could very well have ovulated then.

jeanette - December 13

K....when you come back, or even now if you want.....go to the thread called "LAMBS"....thats where I'm at. We are a great bunch of ladies who talk about everything and support each other thru all the craziness. You are welcome to join us!

jeanette - December 13

Yes, K....Deb is also right...only by temping, checking your cm and cp, and charting can you get the date of O pinpointed....and even then, it is important to bd a few days before and after just to make sure. Also, you should try to use an opk. Doing all that in conjunction should give you a better chance of getting it right on the money.

K - December 13

Ok I will definitely join that group! Thanks so much!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?