Ovulation Question-pg114183221018

18 Replies
princess_20 - March 8

Hello... i was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out some round about dates for when i would be ovulating? My period comes every 30 days and my next one is not due until March 22. i am not sure what other ifo would be needed but if you can help me then please repost:)

calista - March 8

Based on a 30-day cycle (and hoping there is no luteal phase defect), and a__suming you had your period on March 1? You could be ovulating either March 15-17. Try taking your temp at the same time every morning before you get out of bed, that can really tell you when you are ovulating as it will show you the lower temps and dips and peaks that indicate high fertility days and lower fertility days. Everyone is different...learn about your body, it is so interesting! Good luck.

calista - March 8

Actually, I just re-read and your period would have recently been on Feb Feb 21...so I suspect you will ovulate Mar 7-9... Sorry, I read your post wrong...

princess_20 - March 8

Well i had my last period on February 20 and im not due for my next one until March 22

princess_20 - March 8

its ok i was just re-typing it in case i worded it wrong:) thanks for your help. that means im ovulating now! i need to get busy when hubby gets home! how often should we bd? i mean i have heard some women say every other day and some say everyday? sorry this is our first month ttc:)

calista - March 8

You should take your next expected AF and count back 14 to 16 days to pin point ovulation (if you aren't temping) that is what I would do...(and again, a__suming there is no luteal phase defect). They say most women get a period between 14-16 days after ovulating, but some women get a period 10-days after ovulating, anything less than that the baby will have a hard time sticking to the uterus wall.

Amber #2 - March 8

Hi Princess_20! My next period is due March 21 and I ovulated yesterday, but I'm on a 28 day cycle. You can use a google search and type in ovulation calendar and they will tell you your most fertile times of the month. I disagree with Calista on when you would be ovulating. I believe that you would probably be ovulating today. You said your next period is not due until March 22, therefore you would have started your last period on February 20. I know women who are on a 28 day cycle, ovulate around 14 days after their LMP, so with you it is probably a day or two after. Try the ovulation calendar to get a more acurate date. And you can also check your cervix and cervical mucus to get a more accurate time.

Amber #2 - March 8

Okay, nevermind...Calista is right! I guess ya'll posted all of this while I was writing my last email! lol. Anyways, good luck and let us know what you find out!

calista - March 8

I would do it everyday at this point, start today if you can. (Some women say do it every other day) but, if I were you, I would dance for a few days just to make sure, and if you guys didn't get busy yesterday I would do it surely today. The sperm has to be in your fallopian tubes before the egg gets there usually to increase conception chances. Good luck, I hope it happens for you!

princess_20 - March 8

thank you Calista and Amber #2. i will google that and see what it says. But Amber did you say you think i ovulated yesterday or were you saying i might be ovulating today? it would suck if i ovulated yesterday because thats the only day we didnt do it in like a week! still keeping my fingers crossed though!!

calista - March 8

If you did it on Monday, I wouldn't write it off yet princess. If you are ovulating today, the sperm can survive in the fallopian tubes for a few days, so I bet there was sperm there if you did ovulate today even though you guys didn't do it yesterday. But I also would do it today to make sure there is enough swimmers there just in case you haven't ovulated and to keep the inventory up!

Amber #2 - March 8

I personally think you are probably ovulating today but it could be tomorrow as well! I said that I ovulated yesterday and my period is due March 21 but I am on a 28 day cycle. Try this calendar-ovulation-calendar.net. It will tell you all of your fertile days and the actual day you should ovulate. Of course, every woman is different and does not always follow these charts, thefore that's why it can be a good idea to check your cervix, check your cervical mucus, etc....

princess_20 - March 8

OMG i feel so silly i dont even know what exact date i ovulate but im sssooo excited already!! i know this next question might be TMI but does the amount of times you do it in a day help or could that be bad? because on monday it happened 3 times. sorry for all the questions. calista- are you preggo or ttc? if so how long have you been trying?

princess_20 - March 8

thanks amber im going to that now. how long have you been ttc or are you preggo?

Amber #2 - March 8

Girl the more times the better! Get as many of those little swimmers in there as you can, it can only increase your chances! The only time I think it's a good idea to not do it as often is if the man has a low sperm count or something. But if there is nothing wrong with those little swimmers, then I say get after it...lol!

Amber #2 - March 8

I am ttc now. I have been preggo twice, one a full term pregnancy 4 years ago, and the other ended in a m/c in July '05. This will be our first month of ttc since the miscarriage! Hopefully this will be a good month for all of us ladies! Baby dust.....

princess_20 - March 8

well good luck to you amber i really hope this is your month!! oh and by the way the ovulation-calendar.net site said i should be ovulating today!!! im so excited:) only about 9 hours to go before dh is home (d__n military working hours!!) lol. baby dust to you too;)

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?