Ovulation Question-pg117252259725

14 Replies
anne_marie - February 26

the start of my lmp was feb 9th. my cycle is always 28 days. my boyfriend and i had unprotected s_x using the pullout method (i know not a good way) on last monday. since then i have been having slight cramps every day since then, coming and going. i'm sure that i was ovulating but can it really last for a whole week? i still have the slight cramps today. and my boyfriend in afraid i am going to get pregnant. please give me your opinions and advice.

anne_marie - February 26

please, i need someone to help!

krissy2006 - February 26

Last monday was the 19th, which would have been 10 days after your period started. A little too early to be ovulating. However sperm can potentially live between 2-5 days depending on how conducive your v____al environment (how fertile it is) at the time. If you ovulated 2-4 days later it is possible that you could be pregnant, however any symptoms you have been having would not be pregnancy symptoms because only now would the little bub be starting to implant. Symptoms don't occur until implantation starts because it is only then that the pregnancy hormone HCG is released causing "symptoms". Take a test once your period is late. GL!

krissy2006 - February 26

BTW implantation only occurs as early as g days past ovulation and sometimes as late as 12 days past ovulation...

krissy2006 - February 26

6* days not g days

anne_marie - March 4

i still have been having cramps since my boyfriend and i have s_x. is that normal? also, the past three days i have had to miss work because of being really nauseated. mostly in the morning. my period is due on Wednesday. Please help!

anne_marie - March 4

some one please help me, i need input!!

LIN - March 4

If you have a standard 14-day follicular phase and 14-day luteal phase, then you should have ovulated on the 23rd. S_x on Monday would have been 3 days after that, which would have been too late to get pregnant. Of course, not all women are the same, so if you happen to have a long follicular phase and a short luteal phase, then it's possible you could be pregnant. In any case, nobody here can tell you whether or not you're pregnant. Early pregnancy symptoms are most often identical to pms symptoms, and there's no way to tell the difference. There is no definition for normal. It's normal to never have any cramps at all, and it's normal to have cramps all month long. By worrying about it you can bring on your own nausea, or you could be having early symptoms. There's no way to tell. All you can do is test on Wednesday. Good luck!

anne_marie - March 4

its was actually feb 19th that my bf and i had unprotected s_x. sorry for the exact day not being known. well, my mom knows of me not feeling well and she asked if i was pg. so it still makes me kinda worried. but i am trying not to get stressed out about it. are there any tests that are reliable to use before i am due to start?

krissy2006 - March 4

You can try cheap $1 tree tests. You can try first response tests although they don't measure very low levels of hcg. I would honestly suggest you wait for your period. The truth is, if you are you are and you will be whether you find out now or in a week or two. If you're not, you're not and you still won't be in a week or two. I know its enough to drive a person insane but that is why we have a thread to keep ourselves occupied. LOL Sorry I can't help more. But feel free to come over to the thread to chat!

Wellis10 - March 4

I remember when I was that young and thought I was pregnant. It is very stressful but like krissy2006 said you probably need to wait for your period. You are probably making yourself sick thinking about it so much. Esp if your upset. Do you want to be pregnant?

krissy2006 - March 4

where did anne ever say she was young??? I read over it and couldn't find that anywhere..????

anne_marie - March 4

well, i am 21 years old. well, if i do end up pregnant then thats that. but i am not ready for it. so we'll see.

Heather F - March 4

I found out I was preg. 5 days before my expected missed period with an hpt, go to the store and buy one!

anne_marie - March 4

i have been testing and so far they have are bfn. but i am not due until wednesday so i still have some time to find out for sure.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?