Pets-pg120520263562

14 Replies
sqv3 - March 10

Kind of off-topic, but...One of my friends is pregnant and before she even found out, her cat started acting strange. She won't leave my friend alone anymore! Before she (the cat) used to be very independent. I just thought this was really cute and was curious if any of you have heard/experienced this before.

mjvdec01 - March 11

Yes. I have two cats and this is my second pregnancy. I am 20 weeks 5 days and my cats won't leave me alone. Anytime I sit down they are all over me. Animals just know that something is up. I really think that they can smell it on us. Just wait until her milk comes in, with my first it was like the cats wanted to nurse too. It is just odd and they get so lovey.

Becky22 - March 11

mjvdec01 - when did yr cats start doing that? I have 3 & am currently ttc, so that could be another thing for me to obsess about if they start following me round in my 2ww!!!

dragonlady1380 - March 11

my dog is what made me test as she was always folling me everywhere. wanting cuddles and wanting me to play with her and feed her and let her out she is normally so laid back. then i got a bfp at home then the doc got neg so dont know what is going on there

sqv3 - March 11

I just think that is so cute. I'm waiting a couple more days to test, but I did notice that one of my cats has started to snuggle with me in bed in the morning, which he hasn't done for a while (he's been mad at me ever since I got a puppy).

mjvdec01 - March 11

For me it started a few days before I got my BFP. I will be 21 weeks on thursday and they still won't leave me alone.

dragonlady1380 - March 11

its a protection thing with them becase basically the baby is a parasite to ur body as in it takes what it needs from u and leaves u with nothing . animals get very protective and they can sence a change in ur body and they want to be with u just incase they have to step into action and defend u. i think it is great and so cute of them

krissy2006 - March 11

My kitty is this way also! I am 25 weeks + change and ever since the beginning she has been very attentive, when before my pregnancy she was always aloof and independent. Isn't it wonderful how our animals love us and are just waiting to ward anything off from hurting us?! LOL, even if it is our very much wanted and loved baby...LOL

BeckyBunny - March 12

My cat is the same way. She is constantly all up in my face! She will not leave me alone! LOL! I think she is afraid she will not be the baby any more. She always sleeps with her head on my belly. I wonder if they have doppler ears and can hear the little hb so early? I'm 9w4d. ;-)

Becky22 - March 12

Ha maybe!! I wonder what yr cat will be like when it's on yr belly & the baby does an almighty kick!! I hope mine are like that when I'm pg, although I don't know how I'll cope with 3 following me around!! Congrats on the pregnancies by the way!

E586467 - March 12

I have a friend who has a very loyal staffy but when I was pregnant with my dd 3yrs ago & recently with my ds the dog would not leave me alone. Every time I sat she would put her paws up on my legs and rest her head on my tummy. It was very cute that she was sooo protective of me considering that I really didn't see her that much. She wouldn't even let me go to the bathroom without trying to barge through the door to make sure I was ok.

Becky22 - March 13

One of my cats was run over this morning & died. I'm so upset, I can't imagine him not being in the house :-(

brads wifey - March 13

Becky! omg I'm so sorry to hear that!! I remember when that happened to my dog ... I know exactly how you feel. If I could hug you I would.

Becky22 - March 13

Thank you Ash, I've just returned to work (from home) but I just can't concentrate, I'm gonna miss him so much

brads wifey - March 13

Bless your heart ... I understand. You're in my prayers girl!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?