Please Help-pg114706114018

2 Replies
Lanie - May 8

About 6 months ago I had a miscarriage. It was a very difficult and confusing time. I was only about four weeks along and I was already attatched. I am 18. I had yet to tell my family and my room mates were not supportive at all. I felt alone but loved my boyfriend and had decided to keep my child, regardless. When I miscarried, it was very difficult, and soon after, my boyfriend and I separated. Now, 6 months later, I wish I was big and round and buying baby clothes and all that stuff. I want a baby so bad and I'm so alone. I don't get why I feel so sad or why I want a baby so bad still, do I need to seek professional help?? I mean, I'm only 18! HELP!

Amber #2 - May 8

Oh sweetie!!! I am so sorry!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with you even if you are just 18. The reason why you want a baby so bad is b/c you have already gone through the loss of one baby and not to mention the loss of your boyfriend. Probably somewhere inside of you, you feel that if you were still pregnant, the two of you would still be together and would both be happy. A woman deals with a lot of extreme emotions after a miscarriage and I believe that it a miscarriage only intensifies a woman's *want* for having a baby. I had a miscarriage 10 months ago and there is not a day that goes by that I do not think of that baby or having another one. Sometimes I feel as though I'm going to go insane if I don't have another baby soon, so I do understand what you are going through. The reason that your roommates do not understand is because they have never been there. In my mind, a woman loves her child with unconditional love, no matter what the age or what the circ_mstances. I don't recommend you having a child now just because of your current situation, but I do understand your reasoning for wanting one! Maybe you should speak to a counselor at school (a__suming you are in college) or someone that could help you get through this difficult time. You have a bright future ahead of you and I hope that you can find the inner strength you need to get through this difficult time! Good luck!

Lin - May 8

You know, it might actually do some good to seek professional help. A therapist can help you talk through your feelings and help you tie together your thoughts into a coherent picture. I'm not saying this from experience, as I've only seen a therapist a couple times in my life and it was lame, but I do know a few people who've said it worked wonders to have an objective person to listen to them talk their way through things. If you get the right therapist, I think it really can be a good experience.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?