PLEASE READ THIS -pg114425251318

16 Replies
tiki - April 5

well here goes..dh and i have been ttc for over a year now with nothing...we are currently enrolled in classes for FOSTER PARENTING which we will be certified in June. we decided to do this because we felt that ttc was so unsuccessfull. however we will still continue ttc-ing after we become certified. what are some of your views on this???

ariete0416 - April 5

I am sorry to hear that you have been trying with no result, however, it could still happen, I work with a couple that tried for 4 years and now they have 2 children. I think you and your husband are amazing people for become foster parents. I think it is fine to keep trying even after you are foster parents, nothing wrong with giving a loving home to a child in need and to one of your own (if it happens that you do get pregnant). You are giving a chance for a good life for a child and you should be commended for that! Good things happen to good people and I am sure things will work out for you and your husband no matter what happens. Best wishes to you both!

Lin - April 5

I have the utmost respect for anyone who becomes a foster parent.

LN030905 - April 5

I think its awesome! The world needs more loving and caring ppl like you and your husband!! I am sorry that you havent conceived yet, but theres still always a chance! Again, I think its wonderful! Good luck and God Bless!!

meandmyself - April 5

I am very much in agreement with what you guys are doing! Don't lose hope though.. one of my teachers has the greatest story.. My cousin said, when she saw me schedule that she was very nice but studders, so first day of cla__s, she was studdering out of control so I'm like OK (have nothing against it personally. I actually find it inspiring that she teaches anyway!) And so 5 minutes into cla__s she says "If I sound/look nervous it's because I am. My husband and I have been TTC for 10 years and I found out this morning that I was pregnant" . I wanted to hug her!

Emma2 - April 5

Good for you and I hope and pray that you will one day get your own baby too.

tiki - April 5

thank you all for your responses. this is very hard for me because alot of people have been trying to get us (dh and i) to change our minds about fostering. they say that we should not deal with other folks children(burdens) and that most of the kids have behavior issues and are crack babies (so on and so on). i know that there are some children that may have issues that i may have the least experience in. but i feel that on the ttc issue maybe it's god's way of saying that there are "other" children(not biological) that need you really bad now. i don't know what the reason is for taking so long to concieve my own but i know that i long to be a "mother" and maybe becoming a foster parent can ease this feeling....and if i ever become pregnant at least i'll have a head start on parenting.. i know that if a person can love another(not biologically his/hers) then that has to be a special person.

Emma2 - April 5

Tink, all the reasons you mentioned that people are discouraging you are all the reasons why you SHOULD! We need more people like you and your husband in this world. Can you imagine what those kids go through ? It's unfair that people would say such cruel things....I say you are a good women for even thinking about it trust me God is smiling at you and disapointed in the others.

Emma2 - April 5

Sorry Tiki..I called you Tink....Oopps..

tish - April 5

i have to agree with the rest of the ladies in saying that you are wonderful people to be willing to help children who come from lives that they don't deserve.

Amber #2 - April 5

I think what you are doing is wonderful! I think we need more good people in the world like you! There are not a lot of people in this world who want to deal with children's (other than their own) problems!

angelinakai - April 5

i think it is wonderful! i know a couple who could not have children and they took in like 6 or more kids at a time bc they loved it so much and they ended up adopting at least 4 of them! they were such a happy family. it was wonderful. when i was 19, i used to hang out with a little girl who was living with her foster parents and she was a dolllll.. she asked me if i would adopt her. i have never forgotten about her and if i had been older i would have. i think its wonderful. it may help your chances of conceiving bc your mind wont be on ttc so much, ya know.

Lin - April 5

I agree with Emma. All those reasons are exactly why you SHOULD do it. These children need loving foster parents. Obviously, you have to approach it fully understanding that it will be a big challenge, but crack babies and children with behavioral problems really NEED loving foster parents like yourselves (not that they're the only children you could end up with). Even if you end up with a problem child, just remember that problem children do not necessarily STAY problem children.

meandmyself - April 5

I agree with Lin. I used to know a girl who worked in "Special Education". A lot of the time it is a question of pinpointing the specific need/s that aren't being met and then they begin to bloom..

LN030905 - April 5

My dads cousin married a woman who is a SINGLE foster mom. She is wonderful! She keeps in touch w/ all her kids(which is what she calls them all) and a large amount of them have credited her with showing them that life can be great. She also has a biological son who admits he is very proud of his mom and says that he never once felt like someone else's child was more important. I just think that story is awesome!! Again Good Luck and God Bless!

LN030905 - April 5

That didnt make much sense, huh...she was a single foster mom before her and my cousin got married..but they are still takin in children. One problem has came though..actually I shouldnt call it a problem-it isnt my place, but her son is 18 and he "fell in love" with a 16 yr old who was staying with them and they just had a baby girl last month.

Emma2 - April 6

LN030905 , it did make sense the 1st time around .LOL

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?