Progesterone Levels-pg117069841639

2 Replies
snickelfritz - February 5

My progesterone on cd 21 was 17.6. I think I O'd on cd 19. What does that progesterone level mean? Does anyone know of a good website about it? TIA

ginger6363 - February 5

I had my progestrone monitored by an RE before I got pregnant. Ovulation can be confirmed by your progestrone level (they take the levels usually one week after your *supposed* ovulated to verify). If is less than 10 (nonmedicated) or less than 15 (medicated), then you have not ovulated. If you level goes higher than that, then it confirms that you have ovulated. B/C yours was greater than both 10 and 15, it appears that you have ovulated. If you want to know if you are pregnant based on your progestrone level, there is really no way to tell this b/c progestrone in pregnancy varies from woman to woman. My doctor did say that your progestrone should really not go below 10 when you are pregnant though. I am pregnant now and my progestrone last week (8weeks) was 17.5. On a different cycle when I was not pregnant it was 22. As in my case, the level does not signify pregnancy.

snickelfritz - February 5

Thanks! Very helpful!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?