QUESTION-pg117323245936

18 Replies
anne_marie - March 6

can you still be pregnant even if you have started your period? i know i have heard you can be. i have been having the same cramps as before, along with my normal cramps. but i still get nauseated like i was before i started. and i still have that feeling like i am. if anyone has any idea...let me know! :)

anne_marie - March 6

i forogt to mention...i still have sore bb...tired all the time and i have been getting headaches.

anne_marie - March 6

anyone out there? =)

Martha31 - March 6

anne_marie: I suppose you can get very light spottings or bleedings in early pregnancy, but this is quite far from the notion of your real af....

HeavenisMine - March 6

Usually IB is very scanty and light, and shows up a bit earlier than af. normal periods show up on time and can go from light to heavy, but you can bleed during pregnancy also. Your best bet is to test and see a doctor if you can. <3

anne_marie - March 6

yeah, i don't have health insurance so i would wait as late as i could to see the doctor about it. so if i were to test, when should i? should i wait to test till after the bleeding ends?

HeavenisMine - March 6

Well if you are, I hope you get a under a doctor's care, it's very important, afterall, if you are, we want it to be very healthy! I say if the bleeding increases and goes on to be a normal period, then I wish you the best next month if you try again. However, If it stops in a few days or so, go ahead and test, I heard by 10 days after ovulation you can take a pregnancy test and get accurate results. I really hope it is your hearts desire <3 Happy testing!

anne_marie - March 7

well, if it turns out there is a big possibility that i am pg then i'll go to see a doctor. i'd want a healthy pregnancy also. =) but your saying that if i have a regular period then i really don't need to test? it usually goes for 6-7 days. i'm on day three, roughly?

Martha31 - March 7

anne_marie : you should be able to make a distinction btw your period and just some slight bleeding or mucousy brown d/c....heavy or regular flow is your af.... Good luck!

HeavenisMine - March 7

Well.....granted some women can bleed a bit heavy, I mean bleed and still be perfectly pregnant, it is rare though. I'd say if it gets heavier, it's probably not pg. I hope it is for your sake. If you want to test by all means feel free. My sister had IB for five days with her DD. It was just very light!

anne_marie - March 7

my period is not going as normal. usually the first 4 days are extremely painful and heavy, but only the first day or two were that way and today there is no pain and it is really light campred to how it usually is. i figured i'd test anyway on saturday or sunday. another thing, i know some of the lingo here but i not all...so what is IB and DD?

HeavenisMine - March 7

Ahh don't worry about that, when I first joined I was like...what...? IB (implantation bleeding) DD (Darling daughter) There are other things like Cd(cycle days) dpo (Days past ovulation) AF (aunt flo, your period) Bfp(big fat positive) Things like that you may hear often! I am going to test again on friday, let's hope for the best!

Martha31 - March 8

i am so happy for all of you. I hope you all get BFPs!!!! soon soon:) My Af is defenitely here today...I was hoping not to get it so bady and I was getting all kinds of brown unusual spottings this month...I think that I was paying attention to all small details that I usually disregard...that's all:( Anyways, I am getting equipped here. I need to start charting etc. I bought pee sticks and I got an OvaCue saliva fertility predictor as a gift from a df. HAs any of you ever heard of such device???? I need your urgent help...when do I start charting...and where exaclty is the chart that I could use???I am not sure how:( Please help!!!

Harriet - March 8

Hi, anne_marie, sorry i can't help much, a real period is unlikely if you are pregnant but of course there are exceptions to every rule & rules are made to be broken. If you got your 'period' when you were expecting her and it is about 2 weeks past your ovulation then you should be able to get an accurate hpt by now. I understand that in the US & Canada you can buy them from the Dollar tree/store. Best of luck.

Harriet - March 8

hpt = home pregnancy test!

Harriet - March 8

Martha31, what a great friend to get that for you! I haven't used the ferning devices, i've heard that they can be a bit frustrating to read sometimes. Personally i use the opks (ovulation predictor kits) & I also take my temperature with a BBT (basal body thermometer). The opks will give you an indication of when you are approaching your ovulation day & taking your resting body temperature when you first wake up will be able to confirm that ovulation has occured after the event. All this information and what your cervical mucus & cervical position are up to can be recorded with fertilityfriend.com (add w w w at the start). You can sign up for free membership and they will guide you through the process with a series of e-mail tutorials. You'll soon get the hang of it. Oh and now is a good time to start recording, a few people don't keep track whilst af is here as your temperatures are pretty irrelevant but then there are also a lot of people (myself included) who record throughout. Good luck & you can view other peoples charts if they give you their chart address, for example mine is fertilityfriend/home/korky i'm such a slow typer & my connection is dodgy so you've probably had a reply in teh meantime! H

Martha31 - March 8

Harriet: many many thanks...I will check this out immediately:))) Again, this is great!! Thansk!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?