Should I Be Worried -pg122583193643

9 Replies
Rachel_Bradshaw - November 4

Hello. I am 21 with two wonderful little boys..One is 21/2 and one is 10 months.. I have been married for 3 years and after our last baby i had the Mirena IUD placed. I dont think i am pregnant however for 2 months I have not stoped bleeding. It will VERY lightly for 3 or 4 days and stop for a couple of days and then start again. I have had pain in my abdominal area but nothing that would slow me down. Also my br___t where very tender yesterday but they are fine now. Just wondering if I could could possibly be misscaring or if something else is going on..Not to worried just curious if this happened to anyone else before. Thank you...

mjvdec01 - November 4

I'm not sure, but it definintely sounds like you need to let your OB know what is going on. You may need to have your IUD removed and replaced with a new one. Make an appointment. Let me know how your doing.

Rachel_Bradshaw - November 4

See the thing is I dont have any insurance anymore. So I thought maybe I should wait and see if it goes away? Do you think I should take a HPT just to rule out if anything serious is going on....and if that is negative and it still dosnt go away then I will go to the OB. Does that sound reasonable?

Naomi98 - November 4

I would go to your OB straight away if you can afford it. I don't know much about the IUD but I do know that ongoing bleeding can be a really bad sign. My cousin died of cervical cancer - she had the same problem but didn't go to her doctor in time. So please go...I'm begging!

mjvdec01 - November 4

I wouldn't mess around with it. Call your OB and get secured with a payment plan for the office visit. You might be pregnant, there could be some sort of infection... your health is worth the cost. Besides, I don't think an office visit could be more than about $150, see if they will take a few payments. I wouldn't wait. Let me know what happens.

wifeNmommy84 - November 5

Hi Rachel- well, i dont know what is wrong with you but i can give you some advice. if i had the symptoms you do i would definately get checked out....especially the bleeding. i too dont have health insurance but if you go to a local clinic they can offer you low payments. or also a good place tp go for medical help is Planned Parenthood. just please get yourself some medical attention. do it for you and especially your family! they need you! best wishes to you.

mjvdec01 - November 5

I really don't think that would be a wise choice. Just pay for the office visit and get whatever it is taken care of. Let them know your insurance situation ahead of time and work out a payment plan. If it is your IUD it is nothing to mess around with. You need to be seen to figure out what is going on. If by chance you are pregnant you need to find out now. Please let me know what you find out.

Rachel_Bradshaw - November 5

Thanks! I guess I was just trying to b__w it off like nothing is really wrong, although I hope nothing is, but even my husband has been telling me to go to the OB. We live in a small town and my OB is 60 miles away, but Ive gone to him for years and they know me there so I will go to him even though he is a little expensive. I sure will keep yall updated and hope it nothing to bad : )...You guys are such a big help...Thanks again.

mjvdec01 - November 5

Don't mess around with this, something could be wrong. Set up a payment plan with your OB and get looked at.

Rachel_Bradshaw - November 5

Well I am bleeding again!!! Im am calling tomorrow to make an appointment and in the mean time I am going to get a HPT tonight and take that so my OB may have a little more to go on. I will let yall know more when I do!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion