Sperm Question-pg115105905918

7 Replies
sqeekers - June 23

OK, I have been reading quite a bit on determining the s_x of the baby. I am thinking that most likely I am gonna have a girl based on when we bd'd. Someone please tell me if I am guessing correctly. We bd'd 6 days before O. Wouldn't the weaker male sperm have mostly died off by the time I O'd leaving the female sperm to fertilize the egg? I have read that the male sperm normally don't live too long, and the farther away from O you bd the better your chances for a girl are, does this sound right?

ZenGirl - June 23

squeekers, i have read the same things and when you posted your O date and when you bd'd in your previuos posts, that actually ran through my mind. It would seem that as long as your dates are correct, that would be the case.

kvilendrer - June 23

Sorry to b___t in, but thanks for the info! I never knew that before! I might try that now.

Chas - June 23

That is suppose to be the case sqeekers, but I hope you bd'd on other days closer to O also. 6 days is a while, the sperm wouldn't probably live long enough to fertilize an egg.

ZenGirl - June 23

Not to be nosey squeekers but didn't you say earlier that you only bd'd the one time 6 days before?

sqeekers - June 23

Yep, just once 6 days prior to O. I had an hsg scheduled for June 2nd and didn't want to risk pregnancy with the test right around the corner. I figured I was safe with a 6 day interval, oopps.

sqeekers - June 23

And Chas, 6 days is a long time, but it's not unheard of, just unlikely. Looks like DH had some super sperm that day. I had my hcg lvls checked today, they were at 20,000. My doctors office said that was a very good sign that everything is progressing normally.

Emma2 - June 24

Squeekers congrats!!! you can`t rely on this theory. It has not been proven and if it were that easy to determine the s_x wouldnt everyone know for sure before hand? There would be no need for U/S to detect the s_x and life as we know it will be forever changed! These are just theories not facts.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?