Temp Question-pg117062981277

6 Replies
ralphie1026 - February 4

well ive noticed everyone talking about basal temps... and i really have no idea what they are but i'm getting the feeling that they're like 98.something when ur preggo?? i could be really wrong, but i'm just wondering... i'm not ttc so i dont chart mine or whatever. i just took mine and its 98.3 ... so thats why im asking... im a week late now... br___ts started getting sore again today, period like cramps, and lower back pain - which might just be from sitting all day - hmm. i tests 4 days ago and it was a bfn. any help would be great - thanks!

ralphie1026 - February 4

oh yea - and i wiped my nose and there was blood it in too... so maybe im just getting a cold? or could i be pregnant? i feel like i get lil "warm flashes" not hot flashes cuz im not hot - just warm.

krissy2006 - February 4

Well first off to address what basal body temps are. They are charted with a basal body thermometer and are taken every morning before getting out of bed, immediately after you wake up. Most women on this site jot down the temp on a piece of paper and go back to sleep and/or then go to fertilityfriend.com and insert their temps there. Fertilityfriend.com is a free site to sign up and chart your temps, cervical mucous, cervical position etc. To address what temps = pregnancy and the like, there are NO TEMPS that = pregnancy and no temps that = no pregnancy. Every woman is different. Basal body temping is not conclusive of pregnancy. It is only good for determining when/if you are ovulating. The only conclusive test for pregnancy is an hpt. Your symptoms could be pregnancy or pms. When was your last menstrual period? when did you have unprotected s_x and how long are your cycles normally? The answers to these last three questions could help us ladies help you better. :)

krissy2006 - February 4

PS - temping throughout the day is NOT basal body temping and these temps mean absolutely nothing. Also, using a fever thermomter causes temps to stay fairly steady while a basal body thermometer will measure the slightest change. That is why a fever thermometer is not suggested for basal body temping.

ralphie1026 - February 4

my last period began on 1/4 or 1/5... more i think about it the less sure i am if it was a thur or fri it came... so its was due 1/31 or 2/1... so its really just 4 days late... but im usually regular. i dont remember the exact date i had unprotected s_x since we arent trying - but it was between the 1/19-1/22...

krissy2006 - February 4

Your intercourse timing seems like it would have happened after ovulation (which I am a__suming if you have a regular 27-28 day cycle would occur somewhere around days 12-16?) which gives about a 0% chance of pregnancy considering your estimated dates of intercourse are on days 15 - 18. So I guess there is a small chance that you ovulated during intercourse if you ovulated exactly on cd 15 or 16 and had intercourse those same days. Only an hpt will tell and because you are late it should be accurate now. If BFN and period still does not show, test in a week and if still BFN and no period you should see a dr. to see what is holding your period at bay.

ralphie1026 - February 4

ok thanks!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?