Temperature-pg110694751539

3 Replies
J - January 28

My husband and I have been trying for a few months after a terrible miscarriage (we tried for that baby for 4 months). I have never charted my temperature we just basically try to have s_x starting around the 10th day after AF to the 17th day after AF about every other day. Do you use a normal thermometer or is there a special one you buy for detecting ovulation? Thanks.

A - January 29

I have wondered the same thing I have been taking my temperature and am due for AF around the 4th and have noticed that my temperature is higher than it has been but I don't know if I did it right. Is a high temp a sign of preg?

G - January 29

They say if your temps remain high at 18 or more days following ovulation (or when your temps first began to rise) then it may indicate pregnancy.

Grandpa Viv - January 29

Sorry about the loss. Four months is about par - you could just repeat the same procedure. You can buy a specially sensitive BBT thermometer at the drug store, usually on the birth control counter. There should be instructions, amongst which is to take your temp the same way every day, usually while still in bed in the morning. The temperature doesn't jump until ovulation, which is generally a day too late for optimum fertility. Some say watching ovulation mucus is just as good. G's 18 day rule is a commonly quoted indicator of success. If you are not pg. the temp starts to drop a day or two before menstruation, so A can't tell anything yet.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?