Temperature-pg114954252018

7 Replies
Amy0805 - June 5

ok so i was wondering what is all this about raised temperatures??? does it have to be raised in order to be pregnant???

Amy0805 - June 5

anyone??

Aussiegal - June 5

Hi Amy, your temperature changes throughout your cycle. A lot of woman chart their temps in order to find out if ovulation is about to occur or has occured and to learn when their most fertile time is. you need to do do this consistently, at the same time every morning when you wake before you sit up or leave the bed you will learn how your temps chart every month. (it is called your Basal body temperature which you can do orally, not very accurate, or v____ally) In order to be pregnant they say that your body needs to reach 37.7C(99.86F) and remain around this temp for at least 18 days and will continue throughout your pregnancy. I hope this helps (and I have got it right!) Check out a great website called Fertility Friend and this will give you all the information you need. Good luck.

Amy0805 - June 5

ok but my temperaure is at 96.9 and i am 16 days late what does this mean?????? that im not pregnant???

Aussiegal - June 5

Perhaps not this month, but if you are 16 days late it would be wise to go to the doctor and ask for a blood test this will detect the earliest of pregnancies. Is this the first time you have done your temperature, did you do it before getting up in bed, there are a lot a factors to consider with your temps.....trust your own instinct do you feel pregnant? Like I said the best way to know is to go see your doctor. Best of luck to you. My temp this month stayed at 99.86 for 3 weeks and then I started to bleed (Doc said it was a spontaneous abortion(miscarriage) which can occur a lot in woman, and most didn't know they were pregnant to begin with because it was so early in pregnancy and period is not often missed!!).

Amy0805 - June 5

so when is the best time to test??if i was pregnant i would be 6 weeks.wow thats sad im really sorry to hear about that but im sure you will have much better luck in the future. remember everythng happens for a reason.

soimpatient - June 5

Amy a single temp does not mean anything! You need to temp everyday for months in order to see a pattern in your cycle.

Lin - June 5

Amy, if your morning temps stick around at 96.9, then it's probably safe to say that you're not pregnant and never actually ovulated this month; however, as soimpatient said, a single temp doesn't really mean anything. That one temp that you gave, though, is very low and consistent with an anovulatory cycle, if it's repeated.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?