The Pill-pg110018416921

17 Replies
J's Wife - November 11

I've asked this before but am finding that no one has really answered yet or just doesnt know (m helped) but I want to ask again in case someone out there knows =o) I stopped taking the pill at the beginning of July, my period was regular up until now, if my period was going to be irregular due to getting off of the pill, wouldn't the irregularity have started maybe only a month after having stopped taking the pill? Any input will be highly appreciated. (hope I dont sound too repetative)!

Audrey - November 11

If your period was not regular before going on the pill, chances are it will not be regular when you stop it. Your body had become used to the extra hormones from the pills, and without them your cycle got a bit messed up. That's what happened to me when I stopped the pill.

J's Wife - November 11

That makes sense, the part I don't is why now 4 months later? The first time I stopped it, my cycle was irregular immediately after I stopped taking them.

Miky - November 11

I would think that if it was going to be irregular then it would have right from the start? I am not convinced that it would be normal for 4 months and then start to go out of wack just because of the pill.

Shalee - November 11

Are you under alot of stress or experiencing some kind of major trauma in life?? This things could cause irreg. periods. I know that I was on the pill for 10 yrs and when I went off I was still irr. It wasnt until I got preggo and had my first baby that I finally got reg.

J's Wife - November 11

Nope, no stress - other than not knowing whether or not I'm preg. and even that right now isn't bothering me as much as it did a couple of weeks ago. That is why this doesn't make much sense to me. Well I'll find out when I go in for my blood test.

Miky - November 11

When is your blood test? how late are you for your period? I will cross my fingers for you, good luck, xxx

J's Wife - November 11

The blood test isn't until the 23rd (long story) :o( and I am 9 days late. Thanks!

Miky - November 11

Hang in there and keep chatting, it helps. I know how hard it is to wait! I am 3 weeks late now and counting, it is not looking too good if I am pg as I might have very low hcg level which is not a great sign. Well keep us posted! xxx

J's Wife - November 11

Well Miky I will definetly keep you in my thoughts and prayers for you and your baby's health - if indeed you are pregnant!

Miky - November 11

Thank you and right back at you!! I will let you know what happens iether way. Are you in the states?

J's Wife - November 11

Yes I am! I think I've read from you that you are in the UK?

Miky - November 11

Yup, but I am originally from South Africa, so I am not to happy with the medical profession in this country! In SA they do the test that day and you get the results the same day. How long do you have to wait for your blood test results in the States and which part are you in?

J's Wife - November 11

I have no idea - this is all new to me! I've never been pregnant before! Did you mean which part of the states am I in?

Audrey - November 11

Ingested hormones can do strange things to your body. I had irregular periods for the longest time, often going 6 to 8 weeks without one. When I had unprotected s_x once I went to the doc for a morning-after pill. That brought on a period within days, then my subsequent periods were regular like clockwork for almost a year! It was if the MAP had given my system a major jump-start!

kd - November 12

i came off pills last month as i was not very regular in taking them. i have had my periods after stopping pills at regular time but a bit light and short by a day.around 12th day i had severe back and heap pain on left side for few days .now i feel cramps,my tummy is growing,feel hungry after few hours of having full meal,feel food rising to throat only after meal at night.i had my last period on 10/10/04. i never had very regular periods. i would like to know if you think i am pregnant and if yes what test i should get done to confirm it and when. Thanks a lot!

J's Wife - November 12

kd - I am having some of those same things - cramps, feeling hungry like an hour after I eat an entire meal. I know what you feel like, I am too trying to figure out if I am pregnant and I am 10 days late now - for the past 4 months of being off the pill I was very regular so I just don't have a clue! I wish bodies were predictable!!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?