Ultrasound-pg109708573564

3 Replies
Penny - October 6

Hello, I suspected I was pregnant and got a negative blood test. The nurse told me I should get an ultrasound to make sure there is nothing wrong. I can only afford to get one of those if I think it will really help. I read some postings where women got ultrasound and the doc couldn't even tell if they were seeing a cyst and a baby. How much can they really tell from an ultrasound, should I sh__l out for one or not?

Penny - October 6

bump

maly - October 7

Hi Penny, what made you suspect that you were pregnant? what signs/symptoms did you have? I suspect that i'm pregnant too even though i have had -ve urine and blood tests. The doctor tells me that i'm not pregnant but i'm going with my own instincts so i got my doctor to refer me to get an ultrasound. Even if i'm not pregnant at least it'll tell me why i'm feeling a little off key. My appointment is in 3 hours time so i'll let you know if it's worth it. But if you're keen on getting pregnant like i am, money shouldn't be an issue.

Viv - October 7

http://www.ob-ultrasound.net/ should help. Presumably the nurse thinks that something other than a pregnancy might be causing your symptoms. If there's a fetus there and you want to see the heartbeat, you should wait until 7 or 8 weeks. If there's something wrong, perhaps you shouldn't wait too long. Seems like you should call the nurse back and quiz her a little more. There's an external ultrasound and a transv____al, too. Might want to ask about that.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?