When Is The Right Time-pg114221241018

6 Replies
hlovee - March 12

Hey girls. I know this might be silly but when is the best time to get pregnant. i want a baby so bad and am having no luck at all. I hear right before your period and i hear right after.. please tell me girls. thankssss

Lin - March 12

The ONLY time you can get pregnant is around the time when you're ovulating, and it is normally neither right before your period nor right after but in between. Consider a stock-standard cycle of 28 days, where ovulation occurs at day 14. The first two weeks of the cycle is where the egg matures in a small cyst on the ovary known as a follicle. As you near ovulation, your estrogen level rises, and the day or two before ovulation, you have a brief peak in a hormone called the Luteneizing Hormone (or LH), which causes the egg to be released. This first half of the cycle is called the follicular phase. Once the egg is released, the follicle in which the egg matured develops into what is called the corpus luteam, which releases progesterone in preparation for pregnancy. This latter part of the cycle is called the luteal phase. The follicular phase is variable, and this is the part of the cycle that is extended when under stress. The luteal phase, however, is relatively constant, not varying by more than a day or two. One can estimate the appropriate time to have intercourse by a__suming a time frame in the middle of your cycle, but due to the variability of the follicular phase, this time period is difficult to pinpoint. There are ways to pinpoint ovulation down to a few days or so, but I won't go into them unless you want that information. I didn't mean to ramble on, but it seems like this should be written out somewhere on this forum in detail. For all practical purposes, you probably want to have s_x every other day for a week and a half, starting at latest 10 days after the start of your period. Good luck!

San_dee - March 12

it depends on when you ovulate and how long your cycles are, ive read that if you have s_x the three days before you ovulate increases your chances dramatically cos the sperm is already waiting for the egg to be release (as sperm lives longer, the egg only stays alive for 12-24hrs), also continue to have s_x for the 3 days after you ovulate because some woman every now and them produce a second egg. I hope this helps

Lin - March 12

I just thought I'd add that the best days to have s_x are the few days immediately preceding ovulation, the day of and the one day after. This is because sperm can live inside the body for up to 5 days (but more typically 2-3 days). Once the egg is released, however, it only lasts 12-24 hours.

hlovee - March 12

thanks girls for replying. its really helping. so lets see if i get this.... in the middle of your cycle. about 10 days after your period ends? i forgot to mention birth control... how long could u take after u get off b/c to get preg?

Lin - March 12

Some women get pregnant right away after birth control, and others, like myself, take some time (I've been trying for 5 months). Some women don't ovulate for awhile after birth control, so then it's especially difficult to pinpoint the best days to try. As I said, there's no way to know for sure when you ovulate, but if you try every other day from the 10th day of your cycle to the 20th or so, then you should be fine. If you really want to pin the right day down, then you could try using opks and temping, and then you can narrow it down a lot more.

SweetP - March 13

hlovee, I'd suggest you go to www.webwomb.com. They have lots of information that you can read up on in order to find out when the best time to get pregnant is. Also, you can go to www.fertilityfriend.com and check them out as well. A good message board to go to is www.ovusoft.com/forum because they talk about everything related to TTC, and they have nurses and doctors who post there regularly to answer questions. Hope you find some answers soon. Another good site to go to is www.twoweekwait.com. Here you can find just about everything, in addition to the "sperm meets egg plan" which a lot of women use. Hope you find answers soon. PS: Some women get pregnant right after they stop taking birth control pills, while others take months, sometimes years. Your best bet is to learn all you can about your body, this includes checking your cervical mucous and position, charting your basal body temperature, some people even use Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs). There's a gamat of information out there.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?