Wondering-pg115158886018

10 Replies
girlfrn - June 29

Hello Ladies, Ok, here is the issue. I was on depro for 6 years, I let it expire last year in august, went on b/c til about dec., stopped b/c in hopes of becoming pregnant, well ended up back on b/c in feb. after AF went awol. Just finished up in May, had s_x on O-day, and I have not seen AF this month yet, she was due back on June 9, but nothing. I have been spotting off and on, but only when I wipe, the past 2 days I have been having killer cramps and I get emotional at the least little thing. I took a pregnancy test last Wed. and it was negative. I need some help here. I have a daughter who is almost 11, but that was so many years ago. Pam

LN030905 - June 29

Sometimes our bodies just go insane after getting off birth control. Perhaps you could have ovulated late or maybe you are just going to skip a cycle. After I went off Seasonal bc in Jan, I had a normal 28 day cycle from when I started my last pack..then I went to 32 days, 34 day and then had a 63 day cycle! Ive also heard the when women are on the depo shot, it takes a lil longer to get regular. I would test again in maybe a week and then if you skip another whole cycle call your DR! Good Luck!

Lin - June 29

LN is right. Quitting birth control wreaks havoc on your body. Some women don't get their first period for up to a few months after they quit, and the fact that you were off the pill for a couple months and went back on before quitting again probably just means that your body is even more hormonally confused.

sarahd - June 29

Depo is especially brutal - apparently it can take up to a year for your periods to come back/return to normal. I have a friend who was on it for about a year, then just went off. She had no period at all for about 6 months, then starting bleeding for about two months straight! I would take another test just to be sure, but if it's negative your symptoms are likely due to the birth control.

sian 1 - June 29

hi there i was on depo and let mine expire in july last year and like you went on the pill to get regulation for a couple of months and i thought it (pregnancy) would never happen as i had symptoms every month because of the depo it is evil !! you name it sore b___bs nausea everything but this month nothing no symptoms to shout about and i got my bfp last week so it will happen im sure feel free to ask me any thing and i will try to answer the best i can .

girlfrn - June 29

Thank you Ladies for all the responses. But this question is directed to sian 1, last year I received my last depro shot in May, was supposed to get the next one July but opted our for b/c in order to get the ball rolling again to have another baby. Well the shot expired august and I started taking b/c the same week it expired because I didnt want any unplanned babies yet. Like I said I stopped b/c in november, with hopes of conceiving shortly after, but ended up with no period for 2 months. They thought I had gotten pregnant, so they did the urine and blood work and all and everything was nothing. Well I found a ob-gyn that I like and is straight to the point and she put me back on b/c for 3 months, just in order to put estrogen back in the body and help my uterus become more friendly than it was. I had very normal periods for those 3 months and no problems. AF hasnt came this month, the after AF and a few days after s_xual contact, I started to spot a bit, not quite enough for a pantyliner, but it was there when i wiped. Well after that I had alot of discharge, not smelly, infection kind, just large amounts constantly and then that stopped. A few days ago I started having some monster cramping which is a sign Im about to see AF again and nothing until I wiped and there was this blood again, but then it went away by the next day. I know that my body is an emotional and hormonal rollercoaster right now, but this is driving me crazy. My bf says that I am just putting it off, believe me Im not. I just want my body to be normal again. I just had a pap done last week and that is when they did the urine test and the test was negative and the doctor said nothing about my cervix changing. Any advice will greatly be appreciated. Thanx

sian 1 - June 29

have you been tracking your ovulation ?

tryingtoo - June 29

you are right ladies...I went off of BC two years ago and my periods have not been the same...Before I went on BC my periods were fine and now they are all messed up..now I can't say really from an educated point that it was the bc pills but its an intresting correlation. Actually I am going to talk to my Dr. next week to find out what is wrong with me!

girlfrn - June 29

Not really, I pinpointed my ovulation day (or so I thought) in May, but havent been tracking it since. I usually go by my period, but the strange thing is that last month a few days before my supposed ovulation day, I began spotting the same way.

sian 1 - June 29

i would suggest using opk as i dont think i was ovulating before and at least with opk you can find out if you are and exactly what day i bought mine on ebay and they are great

girlfrn - June 29

I dont mean to sound dumb, but what is an opk? I got pregnant with my daughter at 18 and I wasnt even aware of how easy it was and she was not planned. I have heard women talk about ovualtion kits and all, but Im not sure if they work.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?