Am I Pregnant -pg113880168318

3 Replies
vickychickuk - February 1

i am 18 years old with a 5 month old baby i had the baby 3 weeks n 3 days premature by c section and i came on my period for 2 months then i stopped for 2 months and did a home pregnant and come out positive but im on my period now.. can i be pregnant or can the home test be faulse result?

frankschick2001 - February 1

It could be a false result if your hormones have not gone back down from your previous pregnancy. Also, are you b___stfeeding? I could be worng but it is my understnading that lactating/b___stfeeding women retain these hormones. At any rate, either call your doctor or call the toll free number on the box of the pregnancy test and tell them your situation. They will tell you the likelihood of a false positive.

Grandpa Viv - February 1

Info on the web says that hCG goes back to normal within a few days postpartum. We have had women post here that hCG goes back to normal within one month of miscarriage. If you are getting a positive now, there is a pretty good chance that you are pregnant again. Do another test in a few days and see if the lines come up stronger and faster. Exactly when you might have got pregnant is anyone's guess. Since you have a bleed right now (which is possible in pregnancy) I am going to guess that you got pregnant sometime in January. Did you have s_x in that time period? Good luck!

shaylanrae - February 1

were you b___stfeeding at all? i know that with b___stfeeding, your periods can take up to a year, or longer, to become normal again, so that could be why you missed the periods.. but a home test being positive is a pretty big sign. go in to your doc, and get a blood test. they will be able to help you out a lot.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?