Anybody Else Feel This Way -pg115149496918

5 Replies
not-falling - June 28

hey everyone.. im 17 and 3 months pregnant, i've almost finished my last year of high school... this will sound horrible and selfish, and although i do want to have my baby.. ive just felt latly that im going to miss out on so much that i wanted to do with my life because im having a baby... i wanted to complete a medical degree, i wanted to go away after i finish school.. i wanted to work and travel before i had kids... i just feel like im going to miss out on so much of what i wanted to do! i was just wondering if anyone else felt like this.

sophandbob - June 28

I am sure there are plenty of women who did feel this way. The way you are feeling might depend on whether the baby was planned or not, although these feelings do happen for women who have planned their babies too. It might be that it is still relatively early days, and that as you progress you will feel happier. Don't think of your educaiton as something that stops now-just think of it as on hold. Good Luck with the baby

BabyG - June 28

hey babe, My name is Jessica and i found out the day after graduating high school that i was pregnant I had my son a month before i turn 19. I had the same feelings and the same plans. all i have to say is it was worth it to me to give up everything for a life that i made. I was planning on going to medical school and everything and now i just love being a mommy. You are only in your 3 month and i will tell you things do get better. Don't think you cant do all that, you just have to go about it in a different way and maybe a little later. My son is almost 6 months now and i wouldn't change anything for the world! I hope that helped if not i am always there to talk to my e-mail is [email protected] and the same for IM so take care and don't be afraid to talk!

dezzydoo18 - June 30

hi there my name is Desiree and i am 19 years old. i am 5 months pregnant and i did feel the same way. I had a full time job and was a full time college student. I was in cheerleading and track as well but of course had to stop all of that. I felt like my whole life was falling apart when i first found out that i was pregnant, but now my whole att_tude has changed. it is my fault that this happened (even though it wasnt planned) and i needed to take responsibity for my actions. It isnt the baby's fault that it was conceived. i promise it will get better! your education will always be there to go back to, yeah it might be a little more complicated but im sure you will survive! i hope this helps and good luck with everything!

lilmomma88 - July 1

I'm 17 and just had my son on monday (june 26) and I, too, felt that way in the beginning. Let me tell you something, when you have that baby and they put him or her in your arms..it makes EVERYTHING you went through worth it! I had never known what love truely was until I had my baby boy. You can finish high school, and then later on go to college if you want to. Theres no saying just because you have a baby that you can't do some things you want to do. Traveling might be out until the baby is a little older, but i'm sure traveling with your child will make it extra special!! Just wait until you feel your baby move, all these negative(but very normal) emotions your feeling will disappear! i promise! hang in there=)

kayla_shauntel_05 - July 2

You can still get your medical degree. My baby is 5 weeks old and I am starting my third semester of nursing school soon. I am only 18 and I honestly do not feel like I am missing anything because I had my baby. I am starting my old job again tomorrow morning, and continuing my education. It is hard, but you will love your baby in a way that makes all the hard work worth it.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?