Breastfeeding-pg110785988918

5 Replies
Courtney - February 8

hi i am 18 yrs old, i had my baby daughter 12 days ago. Was wondering, i am br___tfeeding and was told by nurses that br___t milk has everything a baby needs in it, but my mother and also my older sis both say that i should be giving my baby a little bit of water also? Any opinions

becca - February 8

i dont think you are suposed to give them water straight away my sista had a lil girl a year ago n i remember her giving her some water wen she was about 1 and ahalf/2 but im sure its up to you

$weetne$$ - February 8

theres no problem giving the baby a little bit of water if its a very hot day for instance, but your beast milk does contain everything the baby needs for now including enough water, but if u have any doubts have another word with ur doctor of nurse, cos thats what they are there for ;o)

Anne - February 8

I don't think a little water would hurt the baby, but I do recall a friend telling me that doctor told her not to give her baby water.

Jessica - February 8

Water is safe although not reccomended because a baby's tummy is so small. If you give your baby water they might not become hungry for your milk which has all of the nutrients.

kayleigh-Jayne - February 8

if you are unsure ask your doctor, they wil be more than happy to give you advice that what they are there for! its best to be safe

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?