Chances-pg109876028436

10 Replies
anthony - October 25

ejaculation into a girl. it was about 2 -3 days after the beginning of her period. less than a day later she took an ec. what are the chances of her being pregnant? ty

anthony - October 25

sorry *after the end of her period

Viv - October 26

Good for you (for knowing to get EC, not for leaving the condom at home)! Day 10 of the cycle is just entering her fertile window. Sperm have a diminished chance of surviving until ovulation, maybe 15%. EC reduces the chance 75%. Net result, about 1 in 25 chance. Not much cause for concern. Keep your fingers crossed. Watch out for early pregnancy signs a week before her period is due. Please plan more effective bc ahead of time, preferably using condom plus another method for backup.

anthony - October 26

any other comments?

E - October 26

If she used an EC, she will not be pregnant. Please remember that pregnancy is not the only problem a__sociated with unprotected s_x. STD's are horrible and rampant. Something as simple as warts can become and embarrasing and permanent fixture on your p___s. Once you have genital warts, you can only freeze them off at the docs and they always return. Same with herpes. There is no cure, only treatments. I won't even mention the worst.... Best of Luck:)

anthony - October 26

its not a sure thing she will not be pregnany now is it? she used levora

E - October 26

This is what the Levora site says: ------- On average, if 100 women have unprotected intercourse once during the second or third week of their cycle, 8 will become pregnant. Following treatment with combined ECPs, 2 will become pregnant (a 75% reduction in the risk of pregnancy); Following treatment with progestin-only ECPs, 1 will become pregnant (a 89% reduction in the risk of pregnancy); Following emergency insertion of a copper IUD, the risk of pregnancy is reduced by more than 99%. If a woman uses only emergency contraception for a year, and uses ECPs perfectly after every act of unprotected s_x, then her annual risk of pregnancy would be about 38% with Preven and 19% with Plan B. ECPs when used perfectly are not as effective as other methods of ongoing contraception when used perfectly.

E - October 26

So she has around the same chance of becoming pregnant as if she were on the birth control pill. I would relax and not worry. Tell her not to worry as stress delays periods and can make this much harder for both of you.

anthony - October 27

more thoughts...sorry i just want to have more peoples opinions

E - October 27

Anthony, its not something you need opinions about. I am not trying to be rude but there are actual stats for this issue and I gave you the clearest and most vauluable answer you could need. There is a 98% chance that she will not be pregnant. No person's opinion will change that. XOXO

S - October 27

Anthony, SHE IS NOT PREGNANT. Have you even read the posts? People can only tell you what has already been said, opinions I'm afraid don't really count, it is the facts you should listen to.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?