Confused-pg113706984618

3 Replies
monkey2be196 - January 12

im pregnant and im 14 but i want 2 no wot do procedures do at 1st prenatal visit

KrYstaL - January 12

I would say a routine pap, family history, b___st exam, bloodwork, and maybe discussing options.

Jbear - January 12

That's about right...they will do a pelvic exam, possibly feeling the size of the uterus. If you've never had a pelvic exam before, that's the one where you put your feet in the stirrups and the doctor checks your insides. There's always a nurse in the room too, and they give you a gown to put on and a sheet to cover up with. Don't have s_x the day before a pelvic exam.

Melissa - January 12

The doc will weigh you, ask about your last menstrual period, give you an estimated due date, give you a pelvic exam, feel if your uterus is positioning, check your b___sts for lumps, posibly do a sonogram (I had one at my first visit), let you know how far along you are, order bloodwork (or take blood right there), check your urine for proteins, being that you are so young, he may want to discuss options, or ask some questions about your parents etc, and inform you of any risk that you might be facing depending on the information you give to him, he'll give you a prescription for prenatal vitamins as well.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?