Help-pg120346015490

13 Replies
mummy2bee - February 19

Im pregnant but I dont know how to tell my parents what should I do?

Erin61877 - February 19

Have you had your first doctor appt. yet?

Erin61877 - February 19

Also how old are you, not that it matters? I am just trying to get a feel for your situation.

Erin61877 - February 19

To answer your question though...just come out with it and be honest. Parents will be angry and might even yell but they also know as adults that you need taken care of no matter what you decide to do with the pregnancy or baby. I was far from a teen when I got pregnant but I was scared to death to tell my parents especially not being married or committed to the dad of the child. At first they were upset but within 20 minutes were totally willing to accept it and help me out in anyway they could. Just be honest!!

Erin61877 - February 19

Course I am married now but at the time...NO!!

mummy2bee - February 19

I am 17 and no I have not because i dont want my parents to know yet because i know they will kill me. I was prengnant when I was 16 and my parents told me if I didnt get an abortion they wouldnt claim me as their daughter anymore.

mummy2bee - February 19

I would never get an abortion to kill a baby A living human being I would never do that but it was beyond my control it was their way or the highway I guess. idk. I dont want that to happen again. = (

krissy2006 - February 19

It seems to me you just need to tell them like it is and express to them how much you would appreciate their support in your decision. Tell them you don't expect them to carry you financially and that anything they do help out with will be repaid to them. My mom was 16 when she had me and this is what she said to them. I am sorry for your situation and I hope if my advice doesn't help in some way that someone will have the right answer for you and that your parents will understand that there is nothing they can do and they will love you and keep you as their daughter anyway. GL!

mummy2bee - February 19

thank you. Im just really scared I dont want to do this alone

Erin61877 - February 19

HONESTLY they will not kill you. And they will be mad especially if it happened again but just be honest. Say you know what, I made a mistake and yes AGAIN but you know what...I'm willing to do what I have to do and I just want you to be behind me not matter what. Show then you can be an adult in the situation too. If you want and abortion...explain to them that's what you want and ask them to help you obtain birth control. I can almost guarantee they'll be happy you asked top be on it to protect yourself. If you want to keep the baby then say this is what I want to do. Let them know you understand what it will do to you and your future...but be honest...because if you hide it or don't let them in on your hurt...they will only in turn, turn their hurt against you...if that makes sense.

durante baby - February 19

Believe it or not there is a big difference in a parents eyes between 16 and 17 years old....It doesnt really change the situation but it may make it a little easier. Do you mind me asking if you, you bf or both have a job? Are you two even together? Does he plan on being involved? How you present everything is what will effect their reactions. As for the abortion thing....I want you to know that in my opinion it doesnt really matter how old you are. That is YOUR decision. I understand it was their way or the highway, but you are older now and kind find means to support yourself and your baby if they are not at all supportive. Just because you arent legally an adult doesnt mean they can force you to have an abortion.

durante baby - February 19

kind=can

Krissy25 - February 20

Durante baby is right, they legally can't force you to have an abortion, but unless you think their views have changed they will probably put you in the same situation as before. Are you and the father of the baby in a relationship? Either way you need to sit down with him and come up with a plan and anticipate how you will answer their questions. If you can show them you are in control of the situation they may be more willing to accept it. I wish you all the luck, i'm sure this will be hard to confront them again but be strong.

Grandpa Viv - February 20

Maybe your parents are secretly regretting their action last time. There is no guarantee they will react the same this time. If you plan to carry this baby no matter what, you should start taking prenatal vitamins now. I suppose you could delay telling until it is too late to do anything but carry to term - about the time you can't hide it any more - but I think it would be more honest to be upfront about it. Good luck!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?