Help -pg111995251718

5 Replies
..... - June 28

i had unprotected s_x, and then 4 or 5 days later when i got my period, but only had it for like 2 hours. could this be because i might be pregnant? can you get pregnant right away or does it take like a couple of weeks before the egg attaches it self and everything?

Ashley - June 28

It is true that a woman has a chance of getting pregnant at any time. However, in most cases you are most likely to get pregnant if you have s_x while you are ovulating. Ovulation normally occures about 2 weeks before your expected period. Based on what you said, you had s_x about 5 days before your expected period, which would mean you most likely missed your ovulation period. That doesnt mean you cant be pregnant though. When you got your period, was the flow really light? Just a spotting? In this case you might have experienced implantation bleeding, which means the sperm is implanting in your egg. This normally happens 6-12 days after ovulation. however, keep in mind that only 1/3 of women experience implantation bleeding. I would suggest that you pay attention to any pregnancy symptoms and take note of them. There is a chance you are pregnant. However it is hard to tell without a positive pregnancy test. If you do start experiencing symptoms, take a test. However dont take the test too early because this can give you a false negative. If the test is negative, but you really think your preg. wait a couple days and retest. Hope this helps! Good luck

..... - June 28

yeah, when i got my period it was really light and just spotting. when is the right time to take a test? like two or three weeks?

Ashley - June 28

Depends on the test. sometimes you can get a test that will detect if your pregnant 5 days before your supposed to get your period. Make sure you read the box. For the best results, take the test a couple days after your missed period. But if you cant wait that long a do take an early detection test and it comes back negative, make sure you retest in a couple days as it might be wrong because you tested too early. Also, at a planned parenthood, they offer free pregnancy testing that I believe can be done a lot sooner, so you might check into that

Grandpa Viv - June 28

Was that period on schedule, or early? If implantation spotting occurs, it is often about a week after conception and a week before an expected period. Early signs of pregnancy start about the same time. A home test may give a positive before the expected period, but testing a week and again two weeks after the expected period is more reliable.

correction - June 28

no offence Ashley, you gave a good answer but implantation bleeding occurs when the already fertilized egg implants in the uterus.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?