How Do I Tell My Mom -pg110277020736

2 Replies
dying2live - December 11

im 15 and my boyfriend is 21. we are really close and have been going out for a while now. my parents dont have a problem with his age because she knows that we are in love. i just found out last night that i am pregant. i dont know how to tell my parents and i am afraid that my boyfriend will get in trouble because of his age. please help me

Grandpa Viv - December 11

Your parents are half way expecting this. They will not be surprised. I guess that how the age difference is handled will depend on how vigilant Child Protective Services are in your area.

E - December 11

Viv is right. If they allowed you to date this man with such an age difference, they should not be shocked about your pregnancy. As far as your bf getting into trouble - if your parents decide to act now, there is nothing you can do. If you plan to have this baby, you will need to tell them and he may face consequences. If you do not want the baby, you will (likely) not need to tell them. I usually urge teens to talk with their parents but given their choice to allow you to date a man so much older, I am not sure they will have much to offer you by way of "good advice". Best wishes. I would contact a local pregnancy clinic for some free counseling first. www.plannedparenthood.com if you live in the States.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?