I Really Want A Baby-pg110467400829

4 Replies
Confused.. - January 2

I'm, 17 years old (18 in june), and im at college (i live in the UK), studying Childcare. I graduate college in june. I really want a baby, i dont have a job or anything. Now the thing is i know im not ready (financially mainly), but it doesn't stop the urge. Is this normal? I don't tell anyone that i feel like this, because i feel like a freak. I don't know why ive posted this here, because i dont know what i want to hear, but i just had to get it out.

Grandpa Viv - January 2

Of course it's normal. What kind of society are we living in that we try to make people feel guilty for having natural biological urges. It must be part of the anti-masturbation society's agenda. Rejoice in the fact that you want to be a mom, but temper it with the knowledge that the best kinds of moms have a job and a husband and a roof over their heads.

KM - January 3

I don't agree with the best kinds of moms having a husband. There are plenty of the best moms who are single. For the original poster- it is normal to feel that way, you are a woman. but like you said you are not ready. wait until you are able to provide for your child, and maybe even finished school. I speak from experience. im 18 and have a 6 wk old baby, it is very hard and totally consumes your life. Find someone who had a baby you can look after for a few days, it may change your mind :)

t - January 3

It's totally normal to feel that way, but you don't have to act on it, thank goodness! I felt the same way when I was 17, and I even tried to get PG with my boyfriend at the time. That was almost 15 years ago, and I am SO GLAD it didn't happen! I have 3 kids of my own now, and it is so much better when you are in a stable situation. Personally I think it is best to be married (you have someone around to take over when you go crazy, for one thing) or at least in a long-term relationship. There are some moms who are single and doing pretty well, but as someone who grew up without a father I wouldn't want any child to grow up with that...it's very hard on a child who has only one parent. Be well!

Stace - January 3

Hey. Im 17 too and I feel the same way. I want a baby too. If you ever wanna talk email me @ [email protected] .

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?