Morning Sickness-pg113166232718

29 Replies
mm - November 10

does anyone have any ideas how to deal with morning sickness? i am 10 weeks along and my doctor says it should stop around 12 weeks but i am soooo sick that i cant stand it. my mom keeps screaming at me for getting sick everywhere but i cant help it.

to mm - November 10

I never had that but I heard saltines are good.

mm - November 10

thanx. i tried those but that just made me thirsty and i even throw up when i drink water so i dunno what im gonna do.

angel - November 10

saltines and ginger ale are lifesavers!!! got me thru my nursing cla__ses without getting to sick good luck :)

T - November 10

If the sickness is severe your doctor can give you a medication which will stop the morning sickness. But he probably wont do anything yet until your 12-13 weeks long when the morning sickness should stop. But if you find you cant keep anything down and you become dehydrated and/or lose weight, then the doctor has to do something. So see another doctor or the same one, and get a drink of some kind which will help. Or alternatively do a search on the internet. :o)

CAROL - November 11

I have all day sickness. I usually feel ill if I don't get fresh air. I also feel ill when I get warm/hot, as well. Try opening a window. I also make my own ginger tea, but grating the ginger root myself, and steeping it for twenty minutes or so. Tastes good, lemony and a tad spicy.

Jbear - November 11

Keeping a small piece of candied ginger in your mouth all the time will curb nausea, too. If your morning sickness is really severe, your doctor can prescribe something for you.

mm - November 11

thanx. i will give all of these a shot and see what works. i hope something does cuz i feel like i am dying and since my mom doesnt know she is getting really mad about it.

CAROL - November 11

Maybe it's time to tell your mom, mm. She'll find out sooner or later, anyway. At least if you tell her now, she'll likely stop being upset with you for being sick.

mm - November 11

i know, i want to tell her but i know she is going to be so mad, im so scared. i think im already starting to look bigger too but since its cold here, i can wear sweaters and stuff. i dont know what to do becuse she is gonna be so mad and hurt and kill me.

CAROL - November 11

She won't kill you. But honestly, can you expect your parents to cartwheel with joy over this news? Realize that this is the beginning of what life is going to be like with a baby. You will have to make hard decisions, and uncomfortable ones. This is the first of many. The sooner you tell, the sooner you'll be able to stop stressing over your secret.

mm - November 11

carol, i know what you mean but this is a really different situation and really bad so she will kill me and probaly herself, im not sure. i wish i could tell more but its bad and im shaking cuz im so scared to even think about telling her.

CAROL - November 11

Why would she kill herself? Or you? mm, if it is that bad of a situation, you are unsafe staying there. If your mother is unstable, you need to carefully plan out how you will tell her. Perhaps you can tell another adult, and then together, you can both go see your mom and explain the situation.

mm - November 11

thanx. i did make another post to get ideas on how to tell her but i will need someone with me. i am going to planned parenthood and the counslor there says she would go with me but i dont want her to know what happened either. i dont have another adult that knows the whole thing that i know good enuf to go with me and tell her yet.

CAROL - November 11

Maybe what you should look into doing is how you're going to live after your baby's birth. Will it be safe for a baby to be in that environment? Who's going to pay for the birth? The stuff you need? Is there a dad involved? You should plan out everything before you talk to your mom. Maybe she'll not be AS upset if she knows you have thought things through.

mm - November 11

i so wish i could tell you what happened but my mom is going to be upset because she is gonna blame herself and be mad. i dunno if she can get over it enuf to help me take care of the baby but im not gonna kill it i am going to keep it so i need to find out where i can go if she wont let me but im pretty far now so i cant tell her til i know if i have somewhere else to go cuz if she hurts me or herself i cant do it alone.

CAROL - November 11

You could go to a women's shelter. When you talk to the counsellor at Planned Parenthood, she should be able to help you with finding a safe place to go.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?