Ovulation-pg117193895227

8 Replies
shouldibeworried? - February 19

hey guys, i m just wondering about when i ovulate, my cycle is 27 days, so when do u think i would be ovulating?

anyone?

tennesseewlkr07 - February 19

14days after the first day of your last period give or take a few days

do u still ovulate when you are on the pill

tennesseewlkr07 - February 19

Most birth control pills are "combination pills" containing a combination of the hormones estrogen and progesterone to prevent ovulation (the release of an egg during the monthly cycle). A woman cannot get pregnant if she doesn't ovulate because there is no egg to be fertilized. The Pill also works by thickening the mucus around the cervix, which makes it difficult for sperm to enter the uterus and reach any eggs that may have been released. The hormones in the Pill can also sometimes affect the lining of the uterus, making it difficult for an egg to attach to the wall of the uterus.

SaraH - February 20

Okay the "14 days after your last period" is what most ppl think. This is only true though if you have a 28 day cycle. Here is the thing: The days before ovulation are what very from cycle to cycle and women to women. This variation is why sometimes cycles are longer and shorter. ALL WOMEN though ovulate about 13 days prior to the start of their next period (they get their period on about day 14). This can vary by a couple days but is always around 13 days prior to the start of a womens next period. So, for you since your cycle is 27 days the "14 days after the start of your last period" is pretty accurate, but for a women who has a 32 day cycle she doesn't ovulate at day 13-14, she ovulates around day 18-19 of her cycle. As far as the pill goes, you do ovulate from time to time. The thing about all hormonal b/c is that it attempts to "trick" your body into thinking that it is pregnant and therefore attempts to stop ovulation. Ovulation is caused mainly by the fluctuation of the hormones progesterone and estrogen. When your on a hormonal b/c of any kind, the hormones in the b/c effect the fluctuation and therefore most of the time your estrogen/progesterone levels don't fluctuate enough to allow you to ovulate. However, it is estimated (there is no way of knowing for certain the exact percent though), if I remember correctly, that 2-10% of the time ovulation still occurs (so probably at lest a couple times a yr). When ovulation does occur you can conceive. However, estrogen and progesterone also control the building up of the lining of the uterus. Therefore since b/c affects the normal fluctuation of these hormones the lining of the uterus is also effected (you can't really attempt to stop ovulation w/o effecting the uterus because it's the exact same hormones the affect both). When the lining of the uterus is too thin then it makes it impossible for the baby to implant properly. If the baby can't implant properly it dies, as the lining of the uterus needs to be able to nutritionally support the "embryo" until the placenta and umbilical cord are formed enough to take over. This is why some ppl feel that hormonal birth control is abortion --because sometimes you actually do conceive but the b/c has made the environment of the uterus hostile to supporting the baby. All that said, on occasion some women still do get pregnant on b/c and the baby does manage to implant and goes on to be a healthy pregnancy. Anyways, that was a lot of info just to answer your questions, but I hope it helped give you a bit of a general idea of what all is going on.

Noodle - February 20

about day 13 is when you would ovulate as you ovulate 14 days before you have your period

shouldibeworried? - February 22

thanks, i was juts wondering cuz my bf and i had unprotected s_x and i was streesed cuz i think if i was ovulating i was around that time, but i told my doc and shegave me the morning after pill cuz i had beeb throwin up that week so they wouldnt have worked as well,m do u think that now i have taken the morning after pill, i wont get pregnant?

shouldibeworried? - February 22

??????????????????????????

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?