Question-pg119475878152

8 Replies
AddysMummy - November 11

How fertile are you after a miscarriage? We want to wait till my cycles are normal, but we of course BD'd, well Jake and I checked my cervix and it was open. See we fear though that if I was to get pregnant so quickly after a miscarriage that I would have another, don't really know what to think, I don't want to be pregnant right after a miscarriage in fear that I would have another :( And this one already eats away at me.

jennifer_33106 - November 11

They say that if you have a D&C you are more fertile after that but if you have a natural m/c then I am not sure. GL!!

AddysMummy - November 11

Thanks!

durante baby - November 11

Our personal issues with each other completely aside for a sec.....I have been told by my dr that after birth and miscarriages you are very fertile. My oldest son was concieved 2 weeks after my first miscarriage W/ protection, so i myself believe it to be true. We didnt want to get pregnant right away,in fear of another miscarriage, Thats why I say my LO was meant to be.....Really though Im just here to awnser questions, and give my opinion and advice, not to argue with you.

GimmeaBub - November 11

I been told by alot of people whether they had a d/c or natural miscarriage that you are very very fertile, something about the lining becoming alot more smoother, and because your body has been pregnant it sorta aims for pregnancy i suppose, now dont quote me but thats what i was told, also my mum miscarried at 3 months and the next month i was concieved really quickly also if you go onto the miscarriage and loss forum and look under 'pregnant after a miscarriage' by elemay there is a lady in there who concieved 2 weeks after her miscarriage and is having a successful pregnancy so far, i wouldnt be concerned too much they usually ask you to wait to track the dates better and so you can emotionally heal but some women prefer to continue their baby making journey and go on t have successful pregnancy, trsut me i am living proof of that one, and in a sense if you think about it, sometimes it may be meant to be, if it wasnt for my mums first miscarriage i probably wouldnt be here now myself ttc, it all happens for a reason. again sorry for your miscarriage and best wishes ttc, Baby Juice

AddysMummy - November 11

Thanks everyone, yea I can't help but be worried because we don't want another m/c and I've heard that it could cause you to have another...

jennifer_33106 - November 11

I learn something new everyday!! :D

HeavenisMine - November 11

Many women fall pregnant after miscarriage, I think if your body is done expelling everything and your levels have fallen back to the zero mark, you're pretty much as able to carry a child (minus any complications you may have) the same as if you waited to have a period. I got pregnant after my miscarriage after only having one period, and my cervix was open until after a few weeks in. I am now only eight days away from my due date, having a girl. Try not to worry about it, it is happening all the time, and my doctor told me about 30 % of women miscarry their first pregnancy, unless that wasn't your first, then I feel silly for sharing that :) Oh and to answer your question, you're about as fertile as you would be anytime you're ovulating, after your levels drop, you ovulate again usually before the first period strikes :)

AddysMummy - November 11

Thanks, HeavenIsMine, I do have a daughter already, and I can't help but be worried because my cervix was open when I was pregnant and lost the baby, so it's upsetting. I don't really know what to think.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?