Scared -pg117381328446

8 Replies
mspregnant 17 - March 13

Hi every one heres my situation, Im seventeen years old and pregnant with my first child, but yet im still thinking about an abortion. Has anybody here ever had an abortion? and another thing is that my mom does not know ! and i reall y want her to know........I need somebody to help me threw this! Im really scared what should i do?

KaseyA - March 13

You should do whatever is going to be best for you. Just remember that there is no easy way out of this and whatever choice you make will have an effect on your life. Just tell your mom the truth. She may be upset but she can also help make and support whatever decision you choose. Just make sure you educate yourself about all your options. If you want to talk in private you can email me at kaseyk122 at

Nerdy_Girl_10242006 - March 13

All I can say is that you need to let your mother know what your situation is and don't do something that you will regret. The effects of an abortion is long-term and depressing. What does the father say about this?

freebird - March 13

I think you should talk to your mom. You said that you want her to know, she can help you make the decision. The decision to end a pregnancy is a very personal one and you need the support of someone who loves you to work out what to do. Your mom may already suspect that you're pregnant, so you should tell her and let her help you decide. My sister had an abortion 10 years ago and I suspected she was pregnant. I didn't say anything and felt very bad that she had to make a decision like that on her own. We talked about it recently and she said that she has no regrets when she looks at how her life turned out. It was the right decision for her, but I'll always feel bad that she couldn't tell anyone.

Grandpa Viv - March 13

Close to half the women in the USA have an abortion at some time in their life, if not because of a situation like yours, then because they know they can't handle yet another child at a later stage in life. How your mind will handle this down the line depends a lot on how strong your personal beliefs are at this time. Go "Mom, when you have time, I need you to sit down and help me think through a problem I have". Let us know how it goes. Your local Planned Parenthood can be reached at 1-800-230-PLAN. Good luck!

aaron17 - March 13

i know exactly where your comming from.. im 16 and im very scared im pregnant and have been thinking about what to do if i am.. and much as it would hurt to have an abortion ( emotionaly i mean ) i think it would be best for somone so young a baby is SO much work and youll miss out on alot.. itd alos be better for the baby if you waited to have another when you were stable financialy and in a steady relationship.. if you need someone to talk to you can im me on aim if you want my sn

MRN - March 13

I think what you do will have to be your own decision because you will have to live with the decision you make for the rest of your life. It will probably be an easier decision if you involve your mom. It sounds like you already sense that to a degree since you have indicated that you really want to tell her. One option that nobody has mentioned is adoption. If you feel like you are too young to raise a child then bless some other family with the privilage of raising a child. You basically have 3 options: Keep the baby, Abort the baby, or put the baby up for adoption. Talk to your mom and let her help you make the decision that is best for you. We can all give you advice but the reality is we don't know you or your specific situation. Your mom can help you with this you need to talk to her.

Ashley Barlow - March 16

My best advice to give you would be for you to tell your mom. PLEASE do not get an abortion it is something you will regret for the rest of your life. I am 16 and pregnant with my first child, and everything is going ok im 35 weeks and I am all alone all I have is my mom so, tell your mom and Im sure she will help you through it. My momm had two abortions and she regrets it everday of her life that is why she wasnt pushing me to have one. So just take it one day at a time and see how much easier it will be. Good luck!!!

babyonboard16 - March 16

If yo utell your mom it will help, that's almost always the case. I personally do not support abortion, but if you feel that is best, then do it, do what you can live with that's all you can do.

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?