Alternatives To Epidural-pg113747628118

3 Replies
cle - January 17

Since the beginning I have said oh yes I'm having an epidural .. Now I'm beginning to think maybe I don't want one .. Does anyone have a good site on alternatives to epidurals or know any info they can tell me, personal experiences, etc. Someone I know had a baby in Dec and she didn't have an epidural but they gave her something else that she was sleeping in between contractions and waking her up to push .. Don't know if I like the idea of that too much ...

michelle - January 17

I too have now decided against the epidural, they have other methods they usualy will start of with breathing, walking a shower etc.. and then the next step is gas like in a dental office and then after that they will do a half dose of demerol and then a full dose and one other one it starts with an f... i don't remember the name. You have many options but they say the worst part of labour only lasts about an hour, and if you know it's fpr a good cause it's different but the more meds you take the harder it is on the baby! it's only short term for us and I think if we remember that we will be stronger. Good luck.

Heather - January 17

Another drug worth talking to your doctor about is stadol.

andrea - January 17

The medications they gave me before I had the epideral did not work as far as pain relief. They made me feel high as hell, but I could feel all the pain too. Personally, i think the epideral is going to be the only pain-free option.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion