Baby Dropping -pg115264662118

4 Replies
eyes82000 - July 11

I'm currently 26 weeks along and was wondering when the baby usually drops? I know everyone is different, but I was wondering how I will know when he does. This is my second baby, my son is 5 1/2 so it's been awhile since I went through all this. I don't remember when he dropped, but he was born at 36 1/2 weeks and I was put in the hospital twice before then because of contractions. Also, do I have more of a chance to have this baby early since my first was early?

MEO - July 11

so you were hospitalized for premature labor? Or just for monitoring to see if it went that way? I have heard for second time mothers baby usually doesn't drop until a day or so before delivery. I would guess that an early first delivery would make the docs monitor you for signs of premature labor more closely. Good thing to ask them about. good luck!

Tanna - July 11

I agree, if yoiu had your first one early you will probably be watched closely with this one. 36 1/2 weeks isn't too bad though. Baby may not drop this time around though until you are in labor. That can happen in subsequent pregnancies. You will probably notice you can breath easier and eat better (maybe less heartburn) when baby drops if it were to occur before you go in to labor.

Erynn21 - July 12

Okay I went into this w/ my doc. yesterday and she said it happens around 36wks, but I swear here at 32wks my stomach is lower than last week, 2 of my girlfriends even noticed. Last week my bras were killing me because everything was pushed up all high, then on Sat or Sun I noticed I could breathe a little easier, and I have this numb spot and it's not as numb. I really think I dropped a little, the baby's head is down and my stomach looks more long, so I don't know this is also my first baby, but I don't think I'm imagining this.

momofalmost3 - July 13

I can't believe we can walk around at a zero station! I am at zero now and I feel like if I sneeze baby is gonna come out. But i'm only at 2 1/2 cm or so. Sheesh she's being stubborn!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion