Back Pain-pg113257986518

4 Replies
sam - November 21

Hi Im 30 weeks pregnant and have started with terrible back pain over the last week or so. I work at a desk during the day and a few hours into the day i am in agony - i have been given a lumbar support which doesnt really help - can anyone suggest anything to help - cant cope with this for the next 10 weeks!

kaitlin - November 21

Where is the back pain exactly? Is it low or high in your back? Any one side in particular, or in the middle?

sam - November 21

Its more lower pain, sometimes middle no side in particular.

kaitlin - November 21

I've had back pain since about 29 weeks as well, mainly in the middle, low down. My doctor told me that as you go through the third trimester, your pelvic joints start to separate to get you ready for labour. In some women, the pelvic joints in the back separate and you feel it there more so than anywhere else (sacrylic something or other). We had our prenatal cla__ses this weekend, and they were talking about how that pain is worse during labour if your baby's back is turned towards your back (i.e. its spine rubs your spine, which is the opposite of what is supposed to happen). They gave us some stretches to try if that happens during labor, which we're using now to help me out with this back pain I'm having now. It started to affect my sleeping, so since about 31 weeks, I have been having really awful nights because of the pain in the middle of my hips, in my back (if that makes sense). Anyway, there isn't a whole lot you can do if this is what you have except try some of these stretches. Oh, my doctor also said that I can try to lie on my back at night if my hips really hurt, using a pillow behind my back so I'm not totally flat but 45 degrees. I don't find that very comfortable on the front, though as the baby is sort of hanging at 45 degrees! Ugh, there seems to be no relief and I still have 6 weeks to go! I hope you find something that works for you.

Jean - November 21

Try pre-natal yoga and a GOOD chiropractor.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?