Birth Plan-pg113146468918

1 Replies
Angie - November 8

Have any of you women created a birth plan? Is it necessary or does it help and if so how do you go about doing it?

SaraL - November 8

I did make one with my first child. The Birth Center I registered with had a standard fill in the blank birth plan. Then I just looked online at others and made additions. The hospital was really good about following it for my first 10 hours of labor... then my daughter got 'stuck' rump first and I had to have an emergency c-section. I can't remember the whole plan, but it was just as much a help to my husband and me in packing and planning as it was for the nurses to know what I wanted. I made a packing list to go with it - like music I wanted (find out if your Birth Centers have CD players). Also, if you're like me, you may do a lot of walking the halls to speed dialation along - bring a walkman. I didn't want drugs pushed on me unless I specifically asked - that left it open ended for me to decide. I always hear don't put in your plan that you absolutely don't want any drugs... so I didn't, even though I was pretty adamant not to have any. That worked well. The 10 hours I did labor at the hospital was drug free. I also didn't want to be overly 'inspected' - and the nurses were nice about that. I did have a doula-in-training with me.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?