Bleeding After Exam-pg11689179028

5 Replies
BWIND - January 15

Okay, today I had an exam....I think also strep B test. I'll be 36 weeks Wed. Anyway, as soon as he was done checking me...I started bleeding heavily. I spent 5 1/2 hours in Labor and delivery being monitored. Has this happened to anyone? I was examined last week and nothing like this happened. Now, I'm worried everytime I'm examined I will bleed.

Lala - January 16

Did they figure out what was wrong? Is your placenta low lying? take care?

BWIND - January 16

Well, I was diagnonsed with placenta previa at about 20 weeks. I had another u/s at the end of December and they said it has migrated up and everything was fine. They said sometimes bleeding happens after an exam b/c the cervix is irritated from the exam. I was just bleeding a lot. Kinda freaked me out.

tritty - January 16

with my first internal i had fairly heavy bleeding immediately afterwards. The doctor said that it was normal and i was also afraid that would happen every time. i had another internal yesterday and not one drop of blood...... who knows how these things work! good luck!

BWIND - January 16

Thanks, that helps ease my mind.

debbie80 - January 16

Hi- I am in the first trimester forum praying that I will make it this far. I too have had bleeding after my first v-ultrasound at 6 weeks. I started to bleed like I had af and then each day it got lighter and lighter. The day it stopped I had to go in for another ultrasound and what do you know...the next day I started spotting again...but this is just light brown.. we saw the heart beat both times so I am a__suming everything is fine..just my cervix is just to sensitive. Good luck with everything!!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion