Braxton Hicks-pg111299252318

4 Replies
Jenny - April 8

Hi all. I'm 36 weeks and have been getting major BH contractions. Sometimes they last about an hour and then they go away. What are your experiences with BH, anybody got some good stories to tell regarding them. Is this normal in your experiences?

Toya - April 8

Yes, braxton hicks contractions are very normal at this point...It is even possible to get 6 in one hour and still be normal. I get them after s_x with my husband and they will last for hours!!! I am also 36 weeks

Allison - April 11

I had Braxton Hicks very regularly with my first pregnancy. My doctor hospitalized me three times before my due date because they were 2 minutes apart. With this pregnancy, I started feeling them around 12 weeks. I'm due in 11 days and am wishing they would turn into real contractions.

wenling - April 12

I had pretty strong contractions when i was ard 24wks.thought was braxton hicks. but when i went for my pre natal checks, turns out to be pre term labour. Was dilating my cervix too early so my doc prescribed ventolin which stopped the contractions. Now i am 36 wks, my doc stopped my ventolin intake (today's the 3rd day)and my contractions (or maybe they're braxton hicks) are back with a vengence, especially at night. And like what Toya says, after s_x. Last night I had them the whole night after a bit of fun with my hubby. My next visit to my doc is on this sat, I'm kind of hoping I will get a bit of dilation.

Kymmi - April 12

Yes this is completely normal and they will continue, and even get worse, the closer you get to your due date. It is just your body preparing you for the big day.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion