Braxton Hicks-pg114643715318

10 Replies
Lindsey - April 30

Hi, I was wondering if you could all explain to me what braxton hicks feel like, i'm not sure if i've had any and I was wondering what they will feel like. I'm 34 weeks. what kind of discomfort will I feel?

Evonna - April 30

Braxton hicks contractions feel like the real contractions except it's less intense and that it's only practice contractions preparing for labor. You will feel a tightning in your abdomen (uterine muscles) which is not painful but very uncomfortable and the feel is hard. I started to feel these contractions at 25 weeks.

BabySage - April 30

they also don't really follow a pattern like regular contractions.

Tess - May 1

Tightning of your belly for atlesat 2-3 mins and when you change positions the contractions goes away.

Allie - May 1

I've been getting them since about 28 weeks...sometimes I can barely feel them, and only know they are happening by feeling my stomach (it get's really tight, feels more like a basketball); if I'm having a lot or they are stronger sometimes my uterine area will be sore later that day (as if I've been doing sit-ups and working my abs). I notice I get more when I am doing more strenous stuff - trying to keep up with the family walking to the park this weekend brought on a couple hours of BH - I have to convince my husband to go slower :)

DWilson924 - May 1

Allie, are you feeling them in your very lower stomach, like right inbetween your hip bones (almost where you'd feel PMS cramps)? I am 27 almost 28w and I have noticed for the past week or so that I was getting sharp pains in my lower stomach between my hip bones, that would come and go. And of course because this is my first child, I am clueless about everything!!!! I wasn't sure if they were b.h. or my ligament's stretching.

Allie - May 1

I have some round ligament pain around the area you are talking about...this is when the ligaments that hold up your uteris are stretched...that sounds like what you are describing. I didn't have too much of this until recently (but I think my little girl dropped in the last week, and this increased the ligament pain a lot). I don't feel any sharp pain at all with the BH - I feel a tightening, almost as if there was something sqeezing on the uteris, the way you might sqeeze a stress ball. I have noticed today that I am getting them without even moving around at all (just sitting at my desk) so they are definitely getting stronger and more consistent - I just hope all this practice will help make the real deal go a little smoother :)

DWilson924 - May 1

I was thinking that they are just "growing pains" but wasn't sure. How far along are you now? Good luck and I hope this practicing does make the real deal easier for you.

Allie - May 1

I'll be 33 weeks on wednesday - definitely feeling ready; I keep telling her she is welcome to come early, as long as she waits until her lungs are fully developed :) Good luck to you as well!

DWilson924 - May 1

I cant wait to be 33 weeks. As I said before I'm 27 almost 28 and am ready to have this over and done with. Not because of being uncomfortable or anything like that (I know the fun has just begun when it comes to being uncomfortable). But mainly because I'm just anxious to see what he looks like. Not to mention time is just starting to drag for me so I can only imagine how much worse it is going to get over the next 13 weeks or so.

Allie - May 1

I was feeling that way about time, too, but the last month really did fly by...I didn't get really uncomfortable until about a week ago - I had a major burst of energy and felt great for 4-5 days and then, boom, I started feeling every bit of it. My whole family is anxious to meet this baby (I have two children I am raising from my husbands first marriage) - every appt I go to my son asks if the dr will take the baby out yet :) As we've been getting the nursery ready, it's really become more real for all of us!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion