Breech Baby-pg113018623518

2 Replies
JM - October 24

At what point does the baby normally turn? My daughter seems to enjoy the breech position. This is my first baby so I'm just wondering at what point I should start being concerned. I just had a doctor's appointment today and of course I forgot to ask.

Carolyn - October 25

I'm 37 weeks pregnant with my first and my baby is in the breech position. You still have time for the baby to turn on its own right up until labor. Most babies turn by week 32. However, there are a percentage of babies who turn by week 37 and then right before labor. Your doctor may schedule an ultrasound around weeks 34-36 to confirm whether your baby is in the breech position. If your baby is still in the breech position around week 35/36, you should discuss your options with your doctor, including the ECV procedure where they manually turn the baby or a possible c-section. Hope this helps. Good luck.

JL - October 26

A manual external version is extremely painful. I had one at 40 weeks with my first pregnancy. It was unsuccessful and they did a c-section. I found out that other people have this procedure done under epidural, but they just did it to me without anything. I also know women who have had the procedure at 36 weeks with sucess and not as much pain as I had. If they do the version late in the pregnancy, just be prepared for the pain. You will probably use your Lamaze breathing through this procedure more than you would through the actual birth!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion