Carpal Tunnel Syndrome-pg113003473618

4 Replies
Kim - October 22

Has anyone with carpal tunnel syndrome found a way to ease the pain? I have had this for the past several months and as I approach week 39, the pain seems to be worsening every hour. I know that it's due to increased swelling and my Doctor told me that there is not much I can do until I deliver but the pain is awful and I was hoping that there might be something that I can do to ease the pain. Any thoughts?

lisa - October 23

i have had it for about 6 weeks now (due yesterday!) but no pain just numbness, i found the wrist supports made it worse and hot baths, i put ice packs on my wrists one night and that helped, appart from that no clue, but as its swelling i guess drinking lots of water helps to stop your body retaining it.

c - October 24

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and have had ct on and off for the last seven weeks. Try ice packs on your wrists. As a subst_tute for an ice pack, wet a bandana and put it in the freezer or use frozen vegetables. I bought some cheap wrist bandages at a $1 store to help. I read that ct is common during pregnancy and that it goes away once you deliver. Good luck!

Kim - October 24

Thank you for your answers. I know that it's fairly common during pregnancy and I am so anxious to deliver right now. My Doctor said that the swelling will likely get worse for a day or two after I deliver but will go down from there. Good luck to you!

anya - October 27

I'm 30 weeks pregnant now. I have them since 10 weeks pregnant. I had this even with my first one, but got them around 34th week and lasted even after delivery of the baby. I couldn't hold my daughter for about 6 months...I had to take my hubbi's help while feeding her. This time hoping it to go away after the delivery.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion