Contractions-pg114728085518

8 Replies
Tanaja - May 10

Ok so I think these are contractions but I just want to be sure. My stomach gets super rock hard and it lasts for about a minute and then relaxes. It's not necessarily painful but incredibly uncomfortable. Now they are about 30 mn apart. Am I right?

Amanda R - May 10

Yep. Sounds like contractions. They might just be Braxton-Hicks contractions. I have had those since about 24 weeks or so. If they continue to get closer together and very regular (also increasing in intensity) then you could be in labor. How far along are you? You can try walking, drinking some water, or lying down. If they go away it's not the real deal.

Tanaja - May 10

I am 37 weeks due May 29th. I have been drinking water like crazy hoping that they are just BH. Yesterday they were every hour and a half and then stopped so I knew that it wasn't labor but now they seem stronger and are closer together. I guess I'll just have to be on the look out.

angelbebe - May 10

I am right with ya. I am 37 weeks and yesterday the contractions were like every 10-15 minutes for like 5 hours, and then stopped. I'm keeping an eye on them today. Look for other signs of labor, but always call your doctor just to be safe. Sometimes women are in labor and don't know it and the contractions don't have to be painful.

Tanaja - May 10

Ok they are about every 10 minutes now should I be worried or wait it out until they get even closer?

melsmama - May 10

It wouldn't hurt to just go ahead and call or go in. The worst they could say is that it isn't labor yet and send you home. Do they seem to be getting stronger? Do you feel pressure down low or high? Good luck to you!

Tanaja - May 10

Lots and lots of pressure high and then it moves low. I am at work right now and am unsure of what I should do, I probably could wait until I get home but not really sure, they're really forcefull.

melsmama - May 10

how much longer do you have a work?

N - May 10

Those sound like BH contractions. But it's a good sign that real labour is just around the corner if your only starting to feel them now. Real labour contractions feel more like strong menstrual cramps or burning that radiates upwards and around to your back. Trust me, you will know the difference once they start!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion