Contractions -pg119332199575

1 Replies
sahm2alaj - October 25

I am 27 weeks... at my last visit to my dr I told him i had been having some bh contractions. He advised me to count the amount i have within an hour and if it's 4 or more to go to the hospital. Has anyone else heard of this? I would just hate to go to the hospital and look like a fool or something.

Buffi R. - October 25

Your doctor is correct that having 4 or more in an hour could be a potential problem. Depending on your history though, I'm not sure if he meant to go straight to the hospital or if he wants you to see if they subside first. My pregnancy is about as high risk as they come, and each time I've have too many BH's, I've always been advised to drink lots of water, lie down and see if they let up. Each time I've done that, they have. BH contractions by themselves are very common, and will probably get more common the later you get into your pregnancy. They usually only lead to problems (or signal problems) if they don't let up with a change in position (lying down or walking if you were already lying down), and drinking fluids. Dehydration and overexertion are cla__sic reasons for getting too many of them. "Real" labor contractions won't let up no matter what you do. You might just want to double check with your doctor if he wants you to go right to the hospital if this happens, or see if they go away first because most likely they'll go away.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?