Cramping -pg119029510620

19 Replies
fitzerin - September 20

Ok so I feel like I have really bad period cramps right now...I've had them for the past hour and a half. It's not like it comes in waves or anything so I know it's not contractions...it's a constant pain. Before I got pregnant I used to suffer from the WORST painful period cramps...they would keep me doubled over in pain...that's what I feel now. What's going on? I know I'm constipated, but this doesn't feel like that kind of cramps. (Haven't pooped in 2 days.) Typically those cramps feel different. I'm going to take a tylonel and see if that makes them feel better, but any assistance from you ladies would be great! Tomorrow is my last day working, so I am still at work today. Oh and I'm 38 weeks and 5 days.

Pearl - September 20

How long between each wave of cramping?

fitzerin - September 20

there are no waves...just constant cramping

kimberly - September 20

Still could be labor! Early labor can feel like menstural cramps!

fitzerin - September 20

Oh c___p...I have too much to do to be in labor! lol Should I call my doctor then?

phillygir1 - September 20

labor is right around the corner!!! good luck

fitzerin - September 20

This is what I get for drinking that Raspberry Leaf Tea! lol I had my first cup last night, and another one this morning. Cramping started after that cup this morning. I didnt' think it was supposed to help induce...just help tone the uterus and stuff.

kimberly - September 20

Calm down it could still be false labor or something! Just be prepared that it could be happening soon! Good Luck!!!

fitzerin - September 20

I am calm...that's why I'm laughing. :-) But seriously, should I call my doc and tell them that I'm having cramping or no?

kimberly - September 20

You may wait and see if it calms down. If it is real labor it will become more like waves of pain and it will have a pattern to it. Look for bloody show or your mucus plug that would be a good sign it is labor. If it continues you should call and let your Dr. know, he may want to check you.

skylite - September 20

Hi fitz, I am only 32wks but I have had really bad cramping the last 2 wks and I finally called the doctor monday and he had me go in that day to see him... I am having little contractions as well plus he said my cervix is opening this is my 2nd thats why he thinks its doing that, but I am going again today and early next week... He wants to keep a close eye on me because I could possibly go into prematur labor... Just thought I would share... I would def call... :-)

WP - September 20

I've read that period-like cramps are a sign of pre-labour, and if you walk around or change positions they usually subside a bit. If they just keep getting more and more intense no matter what you do (waves or not), you should definitely call your doctor. Can't hurt to call.

DDT - September 20

I had period-like cramping for about 4hrs prior to my contractions starting. No bloody show? The cramping is usually accompanied by a bloody show. This may be it! Just be calm and wait to see what happens. It could stop, or become contractions and you want to labour at home for as long as possible. I called the L&D ward once my contractions were 2-3 mins apart. GL!!!

DDT - September 20

Oh also make sure you're drinking enough water...the cramping could be because of that.

Mrs.W. - September 20

well, not that I know anything lol.. but I'd definitaly call my doctor just to see what he thinks. Especially since it seems to be strong enough to make you want to take tylenol. GL either way, fitzerin!!! :-)

fitzerin - September 20

Ok so I have a call into my doctor...just waiting for her to call me back. Now I wonder if maybe they are contractions...it does get more intense at times...but I think that's when he's moving it just hurts more. UGH i feel like I'm pregnancy stupid. lol

musicbaby - September 20

I have been getting the same thing. Midwife said that if they are not comming in a reg pattern then its probably just the early signs of labour, it does mean that things are moving along nicely though.... could be soon or you could still have a few days. Hard to tell. Just keep a mental note of how you are feeling and if they start to come and go then call your Dr! How exciting!

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?