Dialation-pg111109419018

9 Replies
V - March 17

Question: How much does it hurt when the doctor is checking to see how far you have dialated? Is it more uncomfortable or painful?

Amanda N - March 17

It is not painful. Feel some pressure but that is it. Hope that helps.

Allison - March 18

It depends on the person that is checking. I was just in the hospital for PTL and one nurse brought tears to my eyes. I thought she was trying reach my tonsils! Generally the doctor is much more gental.

Lisa - March 19

For me it has been a little painful but I think that is b/c I haven't started to efface or dialate yet and so they have to push back farther to check.

Naomi - March 19

For me it is painful but that may be that i am 2cm and 70% effaced and my cervix is above his head! but i think that everyone is different just as every pregnancy is different!

lindsey - May 4

I am a mother of one and expecting one any time now and it is not painful just uncomfortable and really not that bad just pressure. Nothing to worry about.

Breesy - May 12

I dont think its really all that painful. Just a little pressure. Not anymore uncomfortable than a pap.

D - May 12

I had my cervix checked yesterday and it wasn't painful. I just felt a lot of pressure.

Ashley - May 12

It depends really, My doc checks mine and it hurts a little, The nurse at Labor and Delivery had me crying and begging her to stop but i had a male doc (the only doc on call that day) check me and i dunno it didnt hurt at all!! just depends on who does it i guess

amber - May 12

I think it depends on the person checking you. My Dr. checked me the other day and it was so painful. It felt like she was trying to yank my baby out.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?