Epidural-pg112888132018

2 Replies
Tara - October 9

Alot of people have told me diffrent things about epidurals..some say it's a bag thing others say it's great..what are some of your opinions on it..I'm 36 weeks and can't decide on wether to get one or not.

Nicole - October 9

It's a personal decision, and I don't believe that you can make a wrong choice as long as you're informed, and doing what YOU want to do. Asking for opinions and first hand experiences is a great idea. I went into labor with my daughter planning on going drug free (this was 3 years ago). After 2 1/2 days of really rough contractions that were about 10-15 minutes apart (never got regular enough - I had to be induced), when I finally got to be admitted into the hospital, I changed my mind in a hurry and wanted that epidural NOW! LOL! After they gave it to me, I was able to relax and enjoy my labor. My husband and sister and I were able to play cards, talk and laugh all the way through hard labor - even through the birth itself. There was no pain after the epidural - only pressure. The needle didn't hurt, and everything went very well. I'm 2 days past my due date now with my second, and there's no chance of going drug-free now that I know what labor with epidural can be like. I'm going in and asking for it a.s.a.p. Good luck in making your decision!!

Tara - October 9

Thanks Nicole..It sounds like good advice..and i've heard alot of more positive things about the epidural than i have negative..but alot of people say it can cause you to be paralyzed if inserted wrong but i truly believe that they will do a good job that's what they are trained to do.I'm pretty sure that i will be getting one..I don't have a high tolerence for pain..LOL Thanks Again and good luck with your birth of your new baby.

ADD A COMMENT:

You must log in to reply.

Are you New to the forum? Sign Up Here! Already a member? Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?
New to the forum?

Already a member?
Please login below.

Forgot your password?
Need Help?  
Start A New Discussion